1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

'04 Dyna 39mm fork length?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by NeilP, Feb 17, 2011.

1. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Can any one tell me the standard fork length of a set of factory forks on a Dyna..04 narrow glide frnt end/...specifically these forks:

04 Dyna

These are mine that I am selling on E-bay and I have just had a question asking how long they are.

I can't go and measure them...I am away...and they are wrapped ready for shipping anyway.

I bought them by mistake for my Sportster...look identical except for the different axle size. I cant even strip them and use the stanchions...as they are showing as a different P/N to my bike too...SO I gotta sell them.

Can anyone nip out side and measure their forks form me

Thanks

Neil
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sorry, i dont have a dyna.....cant believe nobody has responded........
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Unless someone has a front end apart or a real good book ,like from a dealer it would be kinda hard to get the right lenth
  4. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

I should have thought it was fairly easy to get a measurement direct off the bike...does not need to be to the nearest thou...within a quarter or half inch would be good. Suppose that is compressed length though...better off the ground to full length