1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

09 Street Glide Exhaust

Discussion in 'Projects' started by PPlayle, Nov 11, 2008.

1. PPlayle

PPlayle New Member

:devil: I have an 09 Street Glide, I want to make it louder. Got a buddy with an 08 Screeming Eagle Dresser wtih Rinehart pipes, Was wondering if anyone has tried to put the 08 and older pipes on an 09? I know BUB is pre-selling the 09 pipes now but I can get these at a steal,,,,
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if you are just using the mufflers, no problem.....but if your changing out the whole system, you may run into sensor problems............:)
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The mufflers will fit with no problem. The 09 headers are now completely different than the older exhaust and the older headers won't fit on a 09. Vance and Hines has come out with a new header system for the 09 bikes.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

didnt know that ...............thanks!:)

man this place is a plethera of info!!!!!!!!!!:D
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

When if they do have the cat converters on the H D bikes for epa tree huggers , I know it was talked about , but not sire if or when they did it
  6. FLHTbiker

Yep, they did it for the 09 bikes. The touring bikes have the headers coming down the right side and are welded together in a wad and that is where the EPA approved cats are placed, just before the mufflers. The back cylinder comes out the bottom of the mess and is then routed under the frame of the bike and then down the left side. One good thing, you don't get the heat off the rear pipe like before. Another nice thing is with the new frame it is now flat on the underside with no added cross member. Makes for putting a bike lift under the bike a whole lot easier.

Here is a link to the new V&H exhaust headed.
    Vance & Hines: Performance Exhaust Systems
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  7. reginasaskatchewancanada

reginasaskatchewancanada New Member

Does Anyone Know If The Harley Slipons Are Any Louder? I Just Ordered A Street Glide Yesterday And I Want A Little Bit More Sound But I Still Want To Be Able To Hear My Radio My Last Bike Was Loud And It Got Annoying After A While
  8. FLHTbiker

Friend of mine just got his 09 Ultra and put a set of Screaming eagle slipons on it and there not super loud but still sound good. The new bikes now have the cat in the header pipes so make sure the mufflers that they put on it don't have a cat in them also as some HD mufflers do.
  9. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

YOu should be able to put some pipes on if you DO NOT CHANGE THE AIR BOX also.
    If you go with a true dual pipe yer gonna lose botten end torque.

Contact Super Trapp and see what they have.

SuperTrapp: Performance Exhaust
  10. steveb

steveb Active Member

I have a '08 Ultra and I put the Rhinehart slip on mufflers on it. They have a nice deep rumble but not real loud. Someday I will upgrade to a Tru Dual sysetm but not this year. Saving waht extra money I will have this year for my trip to Sturgis and other places. Hopefully the economy is better next year and I can do some upgrdes.
  11. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Without the crossover pipe you will loose some bottom end torque.
  12. jarhed

jarhed New Member

I put the Bub eagle beak slip-ons on my 08 Ultra. Love the sound, getting a lot of good comments and the volume is bearable