1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1250cc Conversion Parts

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by burntPiston, Sep 5, 2013.

1. burntPiston

burntPiston Member

I've been running the deluxe tuners kit with perfect results on my 2003 XL883 with 2into1 pipe and K&N intake. I'm now wrapping up a 1250cc conversion (stock heads). Can you tell me what I need to order/replace for this conversion?
    Thanks for any help. I emailed CVP, but haven't heard back...hope all is well.
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi Jess, sent an email on Wednesday but in case you didn't get that...

The same kit you previously purchased will work on the 1250. You only need to change the pilot jet, main jet, and adjust the mixture screw. I recommend a 45/180 combination. The needle remains the same since you are still using the same heads and will only need to be changed if you upgrade to something like the XB heads (04-06 1200 heads).
  3. burntPiston

burntPiston Member

Thanks for the info, Ken. I ordered up those jets and look forward to getting them in place and starting the break-in.