1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1987 Custom Fatboy Softail

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy, Sell, Trade or Wanted' started by PatriotPete, Jul 11, 2015.

1. PatriotPete

PatriotPete Member

This was my main ride for three years after buying it from the original owner who rode it to Sturgis every year for twenty years and had the motor rebuilt about 30 ago by one of the best shops in New England, Fast Eddies in Chelmsford, Ma. It had a performance cam added at the time and it is obvious it has more power than stock when you twist the throttle. Bike is in very good condition with no stories. Ready to ride. I have too many bikes and have to let one go so since this is a get on and ride Softail it's being offered. Saddle bags and optional windshield hardware are included. Clean Massachusetts title in my name. I will throw in the original laced wheels and dual pipes if buyer wants them. Fun Bike! Asking $4900 for a quick sale. call me on my cell at nine78-290-one943. I can bring this to a forwardair shipping terminal where they provide shipping containers if you are interested in having it shipped. Pete

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  2. PatriotPete

PatriotPete Member

3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Pete, I'm not aware there was an '87 Fatboy produced. This based on the fact that I own a 2005 15th Anniversary Fatboy which would make the introduction year at 1990. Further I have a Sales poster of the 1990 Fatboy which states that 1990 was the first year. How then is your offering a "Fatboy"? Just curious.
  4. PatriotPete

PatriotPete Member

the local dealer at the time Kelly's Harley was installing some custom front Fatboy style fenders and putting 16" front wheels on a number of FXST softails they were selling back then as a dealer-custom bike. I'm guessing headquarters caught on, liked them and made it official three years later.
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

that was the big thing up here in Alberta in the latter '80's as well
    , lots of guys didn't like the thin front wheel/tire setup on the Softails and went with the 16 inch wheel setup..[spokes] said it rode better.
  7. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Bump for a nice looking ride.