1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1995 XLH883 Speedometer Wanted

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy, Sell, Trade or Wanted' started by AZroaddust, Aug 1, 2007.

1. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Looking for a good working speedometer OR some place I can send mine for repair. It works good except the digital odometer 100th digit only reads half of 0 all the time.

Just enough to bug me. Any recommendations for repair facilty is appreciated. I've spent hours searching the internet without luck. NO, I won't pay $300.00 :mad: for a H-D speedo from a dealer either.

Part number for a new complete setup with indicator lights is 67037-95

THANKS!
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

let me check.....will post what i find tomorrow........
  3. chucktx

i think i found one......it has a square conntector on the back, laying flat??? can ya post a pic?? guy wants 30 bucks for it........
  4. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

If the full part number is 67037-95D I found it over at Zanotti's brand new for only $178.62 + shipping. The cost to repair may actually be steep since it's digital, if you could even find someone willing to fix it. Most speedo shops only deal with the older analog odometers.

For OEM Harley parts this place is about the cheapest and most reliable in the country.
  5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Nice find Ken!
  6. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Good finds both Chuck and Ken! Thanks alot.

I'm checking with Zanotti's to see if the "D" means anything. My Official H-D parts book does not show it, only the numbers I posted.

I'll have to pull my speedo out of the mounting to check for the square plug, then I'll take some pictures. Is it just the speedometer or does it include the indicator lights etc.? Iask becasue all the wires seem bundled into one big ball of snakes. Guess I'll find out when I try to open it up. Excellent price if it works, chucktx!

Thanks again, gents.!
  7. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I found this picture of a speedo that was said to be a 67037-95D. This one was previously sold on ebay and thats the number they had on it. Does this look like yours?

Sometimes those letters are for different versions of the same part (i.e. different countries or colors).

Attached Files:

8. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Yep! Right on. Zanotti's got right bsack to me with a picture, chart and installation instructions. FIRST CLASS Operation! You are most correct. When an item is "discontinued" H-D adds a letter ("D" for discontinued?)
    Followng copied from Zanotti's chart:

67037-95D ..........1995 XL883, Domestic (Mile)

I still want to pull mine out (Hopefully this weekend). The 30 Buck one from Chuck is too good of a deal IF it works!

Thanks again fellas. I appreciate all the help!
  9. chucktx

the one i found doesnt have wires comming out of it like the pic shows....it has one connector on the back.........the owner said it worked when removed, but i cannot verify that........
  10. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. There is no back connector on mine from the pics from Zanotti's, etither external on the "can" or internal on the back of the speedo. Wires go through a grommet and are each wired to different screws. Their's comes without a connector and tells what to cut and where to rewire.

I think I'll keep watching E-bay now that I know what I want. I'll for sure keep Zanotti's marked as a favorite place for "genuine" H-D parts. They sure beat the heck out of the dealers in my area EVEN when adding in the shipping. Since mine isn't dead yet (just the one digit goofy) I can live with it rather than spend over $200 bucks right now.

Thanks again, all. You're too kool!
  11. chucktx

sorry. but glad we had a pic to go by....hate to buy the wrong stuff!!! lol
  12. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Yep! Thanks again for all of your kind help!
  13. chucktx

no problem, just wish i could have helped. havent found one that looks like what the pic shows.....[​IMG]
  14. Jeff1988

Jeff1988 New Member

Hey guys I have a 1995 sportster xlh883 hugger. I need a speedometer like the picture above can anyone help me
  15. Jeff1988

Jeff1988 New Member

Hey guys I have a 1995 sportster xlh883 hugger. I need a speedometer like the picture above can anyone help me