1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2 Extra Wheels

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Roadster guy, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

With the wife working Sundays now and a daughter not quite young enough to stay home alone all day my Sportster has barely left the driveway so far this year. I likely have not driven it 60 miles so far. So to pass the time I picked up a lightly used Yamaha Kodiak for the trails, as the wife does not mind the daughter on 4 wheels as much as two. On the weekend we loaded up for a cookout and headed out to the coastline with my parents, (still 'wheelin!), and my aunt and uncle and their granddaughter. Pics are from the Bay of Fundy just south of Fundy Park. Then a Snowmobile Clubhouse built in rememberance of a fallen rider, and a pic of a stop at the twin lakes of Big Bear and Little Bear. My machine is in the foreground of the last photo.
    Hopefully better weather and warmer temperatures will mean some after supper motorcycling soon.

Attached Files:

2. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Looks like fun...
  3. Roadster guy

Here is what I think is an old tree planter we found once an area was clearcut, looks like it was towed behind a bulldozer, has old fittings for hydraulics possibly for steering, and what look like aircraft wheels for flotation through the terrain. Had driven by this spot for years as a kid on dirtbikes and never knew this was here.

Attached Files:

4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Good thing nobody ever hit that on a dirt bike ouch
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

first time I've seen windshields on 4 wheelers , nice looking country side , wonder what the machine was in last pics
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Keeps the skeeters out of their teeth. :D
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

down here they eat the skeeters & dodge the mud
  8. Roadster guy

Too many skeeters to dodge up here, and the windshield helps deflect the rocks thrown from the tires of the guy in front. Still need to throw on some handlebar warmers, but project for fall weather.
  9. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Quads are fun and are huge around here.
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

They are around here to. There are great sand dunes at the coast especially in a couple areas where people can rent them to.
  11. Roadster guy

Beaches in my area are a bit rocky, but good for 4 wheeling when the Enforcement is not around, and the trails are great, mud, rocks, and some wonderful fire roads thru the woodland. Too bad about the clearcut logged sections, but they are getting replanted quite regularly. Daughter loves the 4 wheeler, and is starting to show some interest in the H-D...!!!