1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2008 Road King Classic Confusion

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by iceman81002, Dec 19, 2008.

1. iceman81002

iceman81002 New Member

I own a '08 Road King Classic. I am running a SESuperTuner, Bassani Power Curve Duals, Arlen Ness Big Sucker, and Rush Slip-Ons with 2-1/2" Baffles. The stealership I used had it running so rich it burned the wrapping on the baffles to a crisp and fowled the plugs. So I have tuned it myself. Not bad, but still not happy with it, but it does sound good. If someone could provide a good map I would sure appreciate it before I go and put this Power Commander on my bike. If I could get a good map, I would return the Power Commander or get my money back, If that is even possible. But I want my baby running on all 96 cubic inches. I know it is capable of almost 100 ft/lbs of torque. The stealership told me all they could get was 72 ft/lbs at 68 hp. That blows. So please help the Iceman. I would appreciate it. I do have the plugs to terminate the O2 sensors if that helps. I lost about 100 miles per tank before fuel up. So I went from about 50 miles per gallon to about 33 miles per gallon. If I could get around 40-45 that would be great. When the bike is idling, and you give it a little gas and let off it is quick to respond but acts like it is not getting enough fuel, it wains and then picks back up. I don't know how to explain that. Just need some help for my scoot. Thank you very much.

The Iceman
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  2. mondobfree

mondobfree New Member

Running on all Cylinders, kicking ass and taking no names

Hey Iceman,

I bought my 2008 FLHRSE4, SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING CLASSIC 110ci in Nov of 2007. At first, the engine sounded like it was not able to breathe of course the stock exhaust fluttered like someone put a bag over the engine.

At 1000 miles, It was getting close to 45mph on the freeway (AVG 81 mph) and about 33mph (On city streets). I decided to give this engine a new lease on life run the way it was designed to!

Ordered a Thunderheader and a (High AIRFLOW intake kit from Harley) Anyway, within 50 miles the Chrome on the Thunderheader was just chiping away. So I called the Harley Mechanic that built my first Road King Classic. He mentioned that there was a company who designed O2 SENS & LC Module to change Air-Fuel mix rate from stock 14.6:1(Std HD factory) to 13.5:1.

I found it @ www.nightrider.com after reading this, it made sense to me! I ordered the full kit, O2 sensors, pigtail wiring harness and the LC1's & installed them. Not a task for the NON-MECHANICALLY inclined riders. I was a bitch. Now done, It's worth every cent I paid for the kit and my bike runs like a raped ape now! I love it & reccomend it to all who want, as ICEMAN said "RUN on all cylinders" and get all 110 cubic inches moving! My mileage on the freeways seemed to be almost the same, 45mpg, could be because I run at faster cruising speed and seem to crack-the-throttle more often than before. City milage went down slightly by a couple miles per gallon to 31mpg. Still acceptable to me for the trade in of the cooler running temperature and better performance! I'd do it again anyday. You should check it out!

I'll share the quote someone said to me last year and I am 6' 4" @ 310lbs, "It moves you like a gnat on a freight train", and So it does!

I hope you make the jump and bit the bullet to purchase and install one of these kits, you will never regret it!

Keep the rubber side down!

Late,
    Mondo
    :D =B^)~
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Been waitin on Thundermax for the 08 touring.
    just ordered a power commander V with auto tune from fuel moto.
    So far its done pretty good. I've waited since oct 07 when I got the 07 FLHT for the TM A/T.
    I just did a build on my bike and needed the best tuner I could git.
    The unit is building a map as I ride. I just have to update the trims.