1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2015 Roadglide

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Jun 20, 2015.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Johnny !

Got a buddy of mine that has a 88cu Ultra about 250 miles north of me that he did a super strong 98 cu build on a few years ago.
    He did the progressive monotubes to the front end. And progressive 944 on the rear,
    He also did a transmission stablizer link too.
    Did like a 19" front wheel.He has a softail he built.

He's been wanting a Road Glide for several years now.
    He broke down and went to Harley DAvidson and Road a 2015 redesigned Road Glide.

He said OMG what all the changes HD did on the Rushmore model.
    He bought it. Just rode it from the Dallas Area to the Hill Country of Austin and met a lot of friends. Mabe 100 bikers.
    He was saying HD has a high Flow air filter on from the factory so you do not have to upgrade it.
    He also said on the 103 motor HD has tweeked the frame and even made it better than the newer frame models.
    And on the 103 motor they have raised the compression ratio from 9.3.1 to 10.5.1 & it comes with a 55 mm TB.
    That was the best thing they could of done, was to finally raise the compression ratio.
    He said the new radio with Bluetooth and a USB port and all is really great. And changed he handle bar controls.
    Said he got a helmet and can Blue tooth the radio to his Bluetooth headset to it and use the phone on his bike with Bluetooth.
    Said he can ride doing 70 mph down the interstate and nobody can tell hes on his motorcycle.
    They redesigned the fairing and got the Daymaker headlights in it.
    He said Oh man what a difference.
    My changed the turn signals out to the LED model. And just found out about the Bright Ass Light tail light.

He got a Corbin seat for it.
    Now he wants a Tourpack, he don't have the ride for his Girlfriend not storage space.
    He has found a aftermarket place that I think is Japaneese to get the Hard lowers from and said they look just like Harleys.
    Think he said they got a new 19" front wheel on the bike. But its wider.

He said the 1st thing he did was to get a 57 Andrews cam and feuling Race lifters and a Direct Link tuner.
    He pulled the cam chest did the cams and all. Took it to a buddy of his East of Dallas that dyno's and tunes bikes and they used a Direct link tuner and dynoed it and tuned it. He said anybody can use the Direct
    Tuner and dyno the bike.
    He said his stock bike is putting out like right at 100 HP and 100 tq.
    He thinks it comes out of the hold better than the built 98 cu motor.
    gets very good fuel milage.
    Said it was the best riding bike he has ever been on. Said in 2015 HD came out with a really new Maroon color that he got and he said he don't really like Red but this is really a cool Maroon color.
    I was driving 100 miles south of my house headed to Bass Pro Shop talking to him so I don't remember what all he was saying.

Oh yea, he said he got his bike up to like 65 mpg and grabbed the brakes and tried to lock them up.
    He said his bike would stop faster and better than any bike hes ever been on.
    Said do you know when you grab the front brake it applies the back brake also !
    Said he just rode it over 350 miles in the rain the the brakes are really great in the rain.

He said Harley really had their act together and made a lot of changes to the new Mount Rushmore bikes.

He has a buddy that is saving his money for a down payment and wants the 2016 model that they are coming out in August.

Said if you haven't rode a new Road Glide to Go ride a 2015 model.
    HD has done their homework and exceeded everything he could ask for.
    And the bike really ride and handles so great he is really Happy.

I was telling him about you and your build roadglide that used to be a 88 cu.
    He told me to tell you this. He loves his build 98 cu motor. and he did 6 Piston caliper brakes on it.
    But they won't touch the new 2015 road glide .
    And !

So I say to you, have you test drove a 2015 Road Glide Lately dude ?
    If not you owe it to yourself to test drive one.
  2. cardboard

Johnny I failed to mention. He put a D&D Fatcat 2in1 pipe on his Road Glide also.
    Made super good power.
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

He couldn't have liked it that much to change stuff right away.;)
  4. JohnnyBiker

Yes I have ridden the 2015 Road Glide. I was told by the wife that I could buy a brand spanking new bike a little less than a year ago. Since the Road Glide is the only touring bike I would ever consider, naturally I chose that one to ride. I even did a review on it on this forum about my impressions of it. Check it out.
  5. cardboard

The aftermarket cam in the bike really changes the bike and wakes it up.
    You should know this.
    Cam is one of the best things you can do to a bike too.

HD don't make any cams I like unless I just want the bike to run quiet.

Corbin seat is a lot more comfortable if you ride 300 plus miles a day.

Guess if you ever make it to 60 yrs old you will see you become softer and need a little more comfort for your older bones.
  6. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

I must tell ya cb just last week I was in the Kissimmee Florida area with my wife and I rented a 2015 to compare the 2013 I have .I have not been in my motor at all .I have just a stage on bike .that we tuned at docs place that makes just under 90 hp and 103 ft lbs . And I was not that impressed with the 2015 .the bars suck the information system has a bad view with the road glide faring and can't be seen in the sun .I absolutely don't see any difference in buffeting from my faring to the new one .things I like the wheels .the open style of the new wheels at high speed reduce the lane blow over feeling rear shock adjustment. lean angle.other than that I see no difference from the 13. Oh buy the way the stereo sound is better also
  7. JohnnyBiker

My 2001 is more comfortable than what the 2015 is hands down.
  8. cardboard

I've got friends with Road Glides. ONe buddy is 68 Yrs old now. He has riddin all his life. He walked in a Harley Dealer and paid casn for the Road Glide .
    1st time I ever seen him with a helmet on he was on the road glide.
    Took a loss and got rid of it. Said his head got blowed off. And he don't like the taller windshield on it.
    He went back to a Ultra.
    Johnny is the person that likes the Road Glide.
    And you know Harley nearly quit producing them and they there was marketing from Hell about road glides and it seemed everybody had to have one.

But I have a couple other buddy's that have them and has the taller windshield.
    They changed the bars for a better feel and put corbin seats and they really like them
    I've rode them on and off of friends for at least 3 plus years.
    I tried to like them. My OL don't even like being on the back of one.

The handle bars Sux for me. And I do not like the fixed fairing.
    And the wind that comes over the windshield and up between the faring and the frame it terrible.
    I'd rather ride a bike with no faring then to ride a Road Glide.

But for the people that like Road Glides they are a lot of improvements.
    And they like them.

I got buddys that said they rode other peoples road glides and rented road glides and never really liked them.
    Buddy down the street has one. can ride it anytime I want.
    I have no desire to ride one.
    It wasn't until they bought one and rode it for longer distances that they started liking them. Said after they bought one it was totally different that renting .
    Don't ask me how. I've ridden them all way up to the SE road glide.

If all I had to ride was a Road Glide I would probaly quit riding a Harley .
    And I've been on them since the 70's

And you know the cams in Harleys are EPA cams. So if you want them to do anything you got to get rid of the CAms.
  9. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Took a 2015 RG Special for a ride at laconia. It was okay. Wasn't bad. I did notice a gap of open space below the fairing larger then on the 2015 ultra where more weather can get thru. Can't understand what the big deal is about the sharknose frame mounted fairing.

All in all i prefer the batwing fairing. Better protection from the elements, easier access to the stereo and i found the shark nose a compromising whats the point of even having it fairing.

I really went into the ride with an open mind as i had been thinking of getting one for a couple years. Wasn't disappointed but wasn't blown away.
  10. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

I can tell ya this much I definitely noticed was the serious lake of power compared to my bike with an excellent full tune and a stage 1 I would pass that bike like it was dragging an anchor.that fuse more set up ain't shit with out a real tune.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  11. cardboard

You can't take a STock Bike and not broke in and compare it to a bike that is broke in and got a good tune.
    The stock bike is tuned for EPA standards.
    That is one of the main reasons my buddy put a Andrews 57 cam in it and had a direct link tuner and had it dynoed by a dyno guy in Dallas.
    And Johnny said if it was such a great bike, why did he change the can.

Because we have something called the EPA.

And the EPA is killing this country.
    FLHTbiker likes this.
  12. JohnnyBiker

I don't disagree 100% with you on this but you are implying that one bases "comfort" solely on engine performance. That bike feels weird, even for a short person like me and that bike was redesigned with the shorter inseam in mind.

You are right, the fuel trim can be changed, but that doesn't change other perceived shortcomings.
  13. cardboard

YOu can change the handlebars. That is minor.

And when it breaks in it will run a lot better.
    There is nothing wrong with the motorcyle but the cam.

Me I like a Ultra or a Street Glide.
    You can also put a set of Progressive 944 UT shocks on the rear of the bike and lower it 1".
    FLHTbiker likes this.