1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

...and now for something a little different..

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Roadster guy, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Economic changes in my life have made me decide to part ways with my beloved Sporty for a bit. Finally got it almost where I wanted it, and now this. Oh well, down but not out, and better days ahead. Hopefully a new to me Dyna will replace it next year.
    Anyway, until then and to keep my two wheels on the road I picked up a low mileage bike I have always had an appreciation for, a 2001 Honda CBR600F4i. In great shape, goes like hell, and the girls all think I'm 20 years younger, until I take off my helmet and they see the gray...LOL!

Attached Files:

2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

nice now if you'd wear a full face helmet the gals might actually approach you...
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  3. Roadster guy

Actually with Halloween coming up I was thinking I might even get laid. I can "pretend" I'm dressed up as an old man!
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

There ya go the horseless man looking for head!
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Honda Sport Bike! I think I see a man in his mid-life crisis! Don't let those 4 cyclinders get yer metabolisim all wound up. It's easy to get caught up with those RPMs
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

one down five up...have fun. looks like it's in pretty good shape
  7. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

ride is a ride , as long as you like it. we all have times when a choice is a choice. looks like a cool scooter, enjoy with best wishes. riding on two wheels on anything that you do not to have to pedal is a GREAT thing.
  8. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Have fun. Sadly I can't sit in the jockey position that long anymore, and if I do I end up walking in that same position for an hour after.
  9. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Very nice looking bike. Had a 1996 Buell S2T for awhile. Fun bike but limited use,good for local cruising,not so much long distance.
  10. Roadster guy

Ha! You sound like the wife! That's what she says. Certainly correct on the RPMs. Below 6000 I am OK, but wow, does it ever pick up quick if you go past that, and another lunge at around 10,000 to redline.
  11. Roadster guy

Well, a while back JB was talking crazy about selling his H-Ds and going all cage all the time, I made a suggestion he stay with two wheels in some form, did not quite expect to have to follow my own advice shortly after, but if the shoe fits....oh, and pedalling is ok too, seems easier on the knees than running. Two mountain a road bike and some elliptical trainer take care of that for me.
  12. Roadster guy

Holds more gas than the Sporty did, but I need to stop and stretch out after an hour or two go by. Sporty was more comfortable overall. Hopefully a Dyna will get me back to that.
  13. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

embrace the your gray. you can make it work in your favor. My live in GF is Very much younger than me. :)
  14. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

LOL...Yup...
  15. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

No just that I've been there and done that. I'm alive today because it's past tense! 2 cylinders throbbing along slows me down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk