1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Another Long Ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 30, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well yesterday 8 of us went on a ride that took us out through the rolling hills of vineyard country and orchard country. We then crossed into wheat country and crossed the Willamette River by Ferry. More rolling hill country then over the coast range MTNs into the Siletz River area where we stopped at a local bar for lunch. No not liquid lunch but actual food. We then took a very windy road from Siletz over to Lincoln City on the coast. After gassing up for the last time we took the coast MTN Range to home passing through more vineyard country and wheat country. It was a long days ride all on mostly backs roads and over three hundred miles.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
  2. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Nice to see leaves on trees again. Wonderful pics.
  3. FLHTbiker

Yes it is and wished I could have stopped and taken pics of all the fruit trees in bloom where we were riding.
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

God's country.
  5. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

It was a great ride, my thanks to Mark , he let me ride his 03 springer on the ride. My bike is in the shop for a detail that I won in a drawing. I gotta say the springer is a hoot to ride, it is lighter than my bike and I had get use to the quick turn in going through the twistys . I don't like Mustang seats. My butt was sleeping most of the day 300 miles. Oregon in the spring is Awesome.
  6. FLHTbiker

Haha, you just not used to riding this year. That Mustang seat is still new, not broken in yet. :D why do you think I offered it to you hehe :oops:
  7. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

:asshat:And all along I thought it was cus we were friends. I must say on the way back from the coast it was better, a lot better. People rave about Mustang seats so I have to believe there good seats when broken in, a bit hard when not. I like my stock seat I have it fits me well,I'm really looking forward to the day I get it back so I can sit on it for a couple hundred miles, were in the 80s next week. LETS RIDE !
  8. FLHTbiker

I'm ready, to bad its raining hard now. We need another long ride, let's say maybe even Central Oregon if we can get over the summit without snow or even down to Astoria along the cost, bet Ollbill would like that route.
  9. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

You guys are killing me! You should see what Astoria NYC looks like. Must be similar to your Astoria ! Yeah right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  10. FLHTbiker

Well, don't want to burst your bubble their Fatboy but here are a few pics of Astoria Oregon. Maybe you should consider moving here. The fishing is one of the best anywhere.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399598172.836030.jpg
    This morning
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399598213.034712.jpg
    This Eve. Moody Blues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  12. FLHTbiker

image.jpg Here's an average catch at Astoria