1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Atlanticade 2015

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Roadster guy, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

July 1st to 5th brought Atlanticade Motorcycle Rally to our area. It partnered with a Ribfest event, so how can you say no to that?
    Registered on July 1st, Canada Day here, like 4th of July but a bit less fireworks. Street parties most of the week, and I was able to make it downtown Friday night and Saturday. Was even able to take in a ride early Saturday up past Bouctouche and down to Pointe-du-Chene for lunch, Not big miles, but a ride is a ride. Even got the wife out (in the truck, perfers 4 wheels,) for vendor tents and ribs'chicken Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Weather was great all weekend, except for thundershowers on the Sunday closing ceremonies.
    One of those new Polaris 3 wheeled car thingies was there, looked very fun.

Attached Files:

2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

hey where be da ribs...
  3. Roadster guy

Trust me, you don't want to see them now...and I didn't take pics when I should have.
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I drove one of those Slingshot Polaris three wheelers back in AZ last January, they are a blast. More sports car than bike. Price is not bad either about 19k for the gray one and 24k for the red one.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

They had them running all over Daytona at Biketoberfest

Seemed like every other vehicle on main street was a Polaris
    employee in one of those things...
  6. Roadster guy

Well, they look pretty neat, and I think I like the appearance of them more than those Can Am bikes. Trouble is, for that kind of money a nice used convertible car can be had.
  7. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

When I was in Maggie Valley a group of people mentioned that a few states are having trouble with vehicle classification for the slingshot. Some say if you do not straddle the engine it is not a motorcycle but classified as a car.
  8. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Connecticut is one where you can't register it. It's because it has 3 wheels and a steering wheel from what I have heard from a Polaris dealer on Long Island