1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Beware of jacbike1 on eBay

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by kenfuzed, May 26, 2008.

1. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Thought I'd share my experience with a certain eBay seller who ripped me off. He goes by the eBay name jacbike1 but his real name is Jim Celeste of Las Vegas Nevada.

I bought an item from him on eBay and when he finally shipped it to me it turned out to be the wrong item. We went back and forth forever trying to settle up and for a while I gave him the benefit of the doubt since he said he was going through hard times but would find other parts to make it right. I took him at his word as a fellow rider and he took advantage by flat out ripping me off.

Long story short, this guys idea of making it right was to send me some crappy used parts after I sent back the original parts. To date I'm out my money and jackhole doesn't even have the balls to answer my emails anymore.
    :cussing:

If buying on eBay, avoid jacbike1. And if you ride in Vegas I'd think twice about riding with him. Any biker that treats another like this probably couldn't be trusted to ride with either.

Buyers and Bikers beware!
  2. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

try running an ad in the local paper where he lives. warning locals about him.
  3. kenfuzed

Its only 60 bucks that I'm out, but its the lack of respect and courtesy that chaps me. I just want to make sure that nobody else falls for this guys nonsense.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thank's for the heads up on this Low life , i seen his name on something I was looking at some people are just A Holes from the get go
  5. 72 Ironhead XLH

72 Ironhead XLH Active Member

addition

add this fellow too, NC location"prof001".
  6. CD

CD Guest

Ken,
    If you paid via Pay pal you can dispute the charges with them and they are pretty frigging tough on rip off artists.
  7. kenfuzed

Unfortunately the system is working against me on this one. Because it was through ebay Paypal sends the dispute back to them (because its the same company). Then ebay refuses to handle because it is passed the 60 day dispute period. Its an endless loop where Paypal wants to protect buyers yet ebay won't do anything since there was already proof of something being shipped... even if it was the right item.

From now on if I have a dispute on ebay, I'll be leaving negative feedback within the first month. Then if the buyer resolves things I'll request that the feedback be retracted.