1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Boss Bags

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by GreyBear, Jun 19, 2008.

1. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Last year at bike week in Myrtle Beach the old lady bought me a set of boss bags for the Dyna. The throw over style, which it seems they aren't making any more. When we got them I specifically asked if I would need some of the brackets that hold the bags off the wheel. They said no, sir the way we make our bags they aren't necesary. Well coming through off of I 95 onto I 85 heading home last week the right bag fell off. Zipper failed. They weren't overloaded, a Page Ranking of jeans some socks and tshirts. (12.5 lbs when I got home and weighed the stuff) and when I looked the bottoms of the bags were busting where they had been sewn. This was due I am sure fron the bags hitting the axle . I have emailed the folks at Boss Bags but no response.
    Now the first time I ran saddlebags was back in the early 70's and I have never had a bag just come off. I had a Page Ranking of Harley hard bags once that I lost one of the tops, and I once had some a*&hole cut a Page Ranking of leather bags in a bar parking lot but never had one just fall off.....these guys think real highly of the product, they ain't cheap. But as it stands now I couldn't recommend them for squat.
    Ride Free......
  2. steveb

steveb Active Member

I had an '05 Dyna and bought a pair of Leather Pro quick detachable saddle bags. They were a polyeurathane shell covered in leather. They were some realy nice bags,water proof , looked great on the bike and they could be detached to use as suitcases in a minute.