1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Can't Do Sturgis Rally Spangdahlem Germany

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by shopguy, Jun 4, 2005.

1. shopguy

shopguy New Member

Motorcycle Rally in Germany

For any of you that are interested, Spangdahlem AB Germany will be holding a Motorcycle rally/ Car show 5-7 August. Here is some info I received on the get together. Lets hope the weather is decent, that's asking for a lot around here. :)
    I hope to see a few of you there.

American culture revolves around its cars and motorcycles. In an attempt to bring a piece of American culture to the men and women of the 52 Fighter Wing, 52 Service Squadron with the Spangdahlem Eifel Riders will host a Motor Weekend to include a car show, stereo sound off and Motorcycle “Can’t Do Sturgis” Rally August 5th through the 7th. There is no rain date!

Friday, 5 August
    Camp Grounds, across from the base Bowling Center will be available for visitors to set up camp in between the baseball fields. No bikes or cars on the fields! Parking is allowed in the parking lot. Permanent porta-potties are located near the camping site along the South side of the Bowling Center and marked on the base map. The American Legion in Speicher will also have campsites available for motorcycle riders. For those who aren’t for the outdoor type environment, the Eifel Arms Inn will offer rooms for attendees on a first come, first serve basis.

1600-2000:
    Motorcycle Registration at bldg 307 and Bike Parking, Sturgis Style, will be located in the base Bowling Center parking lot. Bowling Center and bldg 307 arking lots will be closed to non-participants. There will be 100 rally packs available for distribution on a first come, first serve basis. Rally packs will be for sale (cash only) and include event sheet, a base map, list of base agencies, rules of Do’s and Don’ts and food coupons.

1700-1900:
    Burger Burn located at the base Pavilion and hosted by the Eifel Riders.

1800-2100:
    Motorcycle Rodeo, located in the parking lot in front of the base Bowling Center. The rodeo will showcase both cruisers and sport bikes and consist of three riding events.

2100-?:
    Evening Entertainment will consist of a live band, energetic DJ and non-bike games at the base pavilions.

Saturday, 6 August
    0800-1500:
    Vehicle Registration at bldg 307 will be located in the base Bowling Center and Family Support parking lots.

0800-1000:
    American Style Breakfast at the Bowling Center. Bowling Center will honor rally coupons.

0800-0900:
    Poker Run Registration will be at Event Central where riders get their poker registration card and route map.

0845:
    Blessing of the Cars/Bikes will be conducted by the wing chaplain before the riders depart on the poker run.

0900-1400:
    Poker Run. This year’s poker run is a ride through Germany and Luxembourg. There will be three stops along this scenic route through Irrel, Trier and Bernkastle where riders will receive their cards. The final card will be dealt back at Event Central where officials will identify the “Best” and “Worst” hands.

1100:
    Sound Quality Event. .

1100-1500:
    Photo op with A-10 a.k.a. “Hog” and F-16 a.k.a “Falcon”. People will have the rare opportunity to have a photo taken with their ride in front of an attack aircraft. Based on a donation to cover cost of photo.

1600-2000:
    Motorcycle Rodeo will consist of three additional riding events designed for both cruisers and sport bikes.

2100-?:
    Evening Entertainment will consist of another live band or energetic DJ and more non-bike games at the base pavilions.

Sunday, 7 August
    0800-1000:
    American Style Breakfast at the Bowling Center. Bowling Center will honor rally coupons.

0900-1200:
    Vehicle Registration at bldg 307 will be located in the base Bowling Center and Family Support parking lots.

1000-1700:
    Show and Shine. There are three categories for each: Cars – stock, custom, original plus the “Over All” Favorite. Motorcycle - cleanest, most customized, and People’s Choice.

Sound Pressure Level (SPL) Competition. This competition is also known as DB Drag.

1200-1700:
    Live Band.

1700:
    Prize Presentation will be held for all the events. Winners must be present to receive their prizes. One prize per person.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
  2. shopguy

shopguy New Member

Just a reminder for anyone that is in the area
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

rub it in

Ok, so just rub it in.....no bike in Germany, and so far, no bike in Texas.... think the TMO office is going to get tired of my calls to them to find out the status.... they told me one day that could be out as far as 5 Sept 05... my other household goods made the trip in 3 weeks....I vote for that speed!! Hope you can enjoy the activities! Wish I was there.....or able to make it to any other ride this year on this side of the puddle!
  4. shopguy

shopguy New Member

Alright
    The Can't do Sturgis Ralley is over in Spangdahlem. The numbers were a bit low again this year do to high possibility of bad weather a trying to compete with a larger ralley in the area. I did get to finally meet up with USAHellas, extremely cool individual, too bad he couldn't bring the scoot, but we had a good time anyway. Here is a shot of my two toys in front of the A-10 and the two kids waiting to inherit my toys.
    AFNurse, any word on the bike yet?
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
  5. CD

CD Guest

SAAAAWEEET! What year is the 'Stang? Looks Resto-Modded what is she setup with?
  6. AFNurse

You Dog

SWEET pic...... just wish I could have had my bike included in a pic with that A-10......course, we discussed THAT at length and didn't get the authorization to be on the flight line...... and I am STILL allergic to an M-16 or similar picking ear wax outa my ear AND eating cement tarmac without the authorization..... :eek: Talked with USAHellas, he had a GREAT time, tho wished his kids would have allowed more time to look at the cars and bikes.... which brings up another point......HOW did you get your Stang onto the base?? finally get it past the Hitler Auto inspector guy?? Or just sneek it on the base without tags??? Now getting word on my bike has been...... interesting......at the best. First time I called, got many run arounds about who to call for more info. Finally got ahold of a company in Washington State (for a bike shipment from germany to texas??!!) anyway, first dingbat I got could tell me almost nothing. Waited about 1 week and called again. This time got a guy that was able to tell me that the boat had sailed on 11 July with my bike on it. Due to arrive at Houston Sunday 7 Aug. Unload this week, then transport to San Antonio......I am guessing sometime in the next 1-2 weeks....course, this could be wishful thinking...... Hope not...LOTS of bikes here, and I turn my head for every one of them! It will be good to be back on the road! :cool:
  7. shopguy

shopguy New Member

CD
    The car is a 67 Mustang with a 302 and a Tremec 5spd. Custom interior and some small custom touches on the exterior. You can check it out better at
    www.angelfire.com/tx3/shopguy

AFNurse
    I'm running temp tags right now. I wound up pulling the entire under dash wiring out to clean up some corrosion from sitting around over here. The brake lights decided to stop working on me. They are still failing me for the parking brake too. Once I get the real problems fixed I'll go talk to the Chief over there and see if he will help me any on the bogus problems.
    Don't be in too much of a rush to ride in San Antonio, get use to the traffic first, then beware of everyone, especially on base. Plus you got nothing but riding weather there year round, you'll get plenty of miles in this year yet. I heard you also got a new toy.

Almost forgot to tell you folks something, They gave away a trophy for loudest exhaust car or bike. A 1968 cougar beat out the Harleys!
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  8. AFNurse

new toy

Well, when in Texas...... so have a 2005 Ford F-150 supercrew short bed. 4x2, and tow package. Not fully loaded, but does what we need it too. Maroon, so not much different in color from the Impalla. Drives nice, and now we have cargo hauling ability!
  9. usahellas

usahellas New Member

I wondered why my ears were burning

Hey GUYS!!!! Something was telling me to jump back on over to the site. What a great WEEKEND!!!! To bad today is like a MAJOR Monday right now. Shopguy's Mustang can not be given justice in pictures alone. You have to see it to believe it. I was not able to take in all the detail in just one look. NICE RIDE. The bike is GREAT LOOKING as well. Great Guy, Great Family and two great rides. Shopguy has got it going on!!!! :D

Yup I had a great weekend. Like I told AFNurse I wish I could have looked around a bit more but I had fun watching the kids play together just the same. I would have loved to have gotten some pics in front of that A10 with my bike but oh well it was just not meant to be I guess. BUT Shopguy made me some ribs Saturday afternoon. Those ribs made me totally forget all my sorrows of not being on my bike. hehehehehe So chalk up a can do some mean grilling on Shopguys list as well. ;)

So yes AFNurse I am going to rub it in. hehehehe Finally I got to get out and do something this year. Even if it was in the cage with rug rats. hehehehe

Thanks Shopguy for the great weekend and hope to see you again soon.