1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Charlie Daniels @ Harley Davidson . . .

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by joshbob, Sep 5, 2014.

1. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Thought I wasn't going to get to go, but one of my shop students gave me two comps for this evening's show at the Rocky Mount Harley dealership. (Guess who's going to get straight "A"s the rest of the school year - just kidding! My wife, poor dear, can't go because of previous engagements, so I will ride my sickle there and take it all in.

I'll be meeting with Tattoo and his girl and a friend Tony is bringing who will get my spare ticket. It's supposed to rain (20% chance) this evening, so they are riding up in Tony's truck, but I'm riding my scoot come hell or high water. About a 65 or 70 mile round trip and it will be dark on the way home. Will post pictures as I'm taking my camera. See y'all later!
  2. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Ride safe, lucky man!
  3. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Have fun...Fire on the mountain, run boys run....
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

"...Next time go via Omaha ..."
  5. Roadster guy

"Uneasy Rider", 1973 version. Nice!
  6. Fatboy128

Ol green teeth
  7. Roadster guy

Hey, I floss! :) LOL! Music that tells a story is always good, and CDB tells some of the best stories.
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Hope you had a great time and sounds like fun. I'm jealous for sure.
  9. joshbob

Just got back after a nice, cool night ride home . . . almost midnight now. CDB was great. I was right up front for most of the 2 hour show, but it was pretty loud and I had to back away after a while. There was something like 50 speakers, more counting guitar and bass amps. If it's too loud, yer too old, I've heard it said. There were a lot of bikes present. And a lot of cops, too. As far as I could see, mine was the only shovelhead bobber. You guys would have been right at home: almost every bike was a bagger :rolleyes:.

I took a few pictures with my phone but they came out terrible. You can't tell who's in the pictures, so I won't post them.

"Next time go via Omaha" . . . way, way too far for me LOL.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Glad you had a good time, sounded like fun.

I always say nothing like a good bagger"
  11. joshbob

Is that something like, "Nothin' like a nice piece of hickory?" :rolleyes:. On the ride home last night, thoughts of Don Tilley came cropping up, as he was also riding at night; I slowed down in the curves even though I knew the roads I was on, and praying I wouldn't hit a deer.
  12. Roadster guy

"Nothin like a nice piece of hickory," . Pale Rider?
  13. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Yup...Was on last week...Gran Torino was on yesterday...
  14. Roadster guy

Have not seen either one in quite some time. Clint Eastwood has come a long way from spaghetti westerns.
  15. Fatboy128

Great movies great actor. I loved Gran Torino
  16. joshbob

Got a good ride in this morning and rode to Tarboro and had breakfast at Abram's, "home of the original cheese biscuit". Came home and got caught up on my sleep and rest. Was up almost 20 hours straight yesterday.

A thunderstorm just passed through, lights went off and on. Smells really good in our front yard now. 20140906_1 (640x480).jpg
  17. joshbob

There's a Farm Aid concert in Raleigh tomorrow (Saturday the 13th). I was gonna risk riding up (rain predicted) but tickets are sold out. There might be scalpers but I know I wouldn't be able to afford their jacked up prices.

Tony bought 7 tickets and they are all going up together. My big ride tomorrow will be to Abram's for breakfast, providing it don't rain (50% chance in the afternoon). Will then ride to Boots' shop and see if he can get me a better price on the Firestone tires I want.
  18. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I'd been about 15+ plus harley rendezvous and by the last 3-4 i was no longer looking to jockey to the front of the stage for the Saturday nite international contest. Instead I would bring a lawn chair,cooler and binoculars and sit on the top of the hill. Better view,not crowded and a better experience. Older is smarter.
  19. joshbob

You got the right idea. Was going to do something similar but remembered I sold my high power Bushnell binoculars, among other things, to raise money for my build. I was selling lots of things I wish I still had. Bad move :banghead.