1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Chucks rebuild

Discussion in 'Projects' started by chucktx, Sep 26, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

well, now that i have my power back, i started tearing the bike down to build it back....took some pics, will post later....left the camera in the shop. had to quit working on it as the skeeters were terrible!!!!! even with a big fan blowing......hope they start spraying them soon!!!!!
  2. chucktx

here is where i am at this evening......even got the fairing ready for primer....
    when i pulled the tubes, i checked for being straight......their not, both are bent aprox 3/32...........:(

Attached Files:

3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good to here your power is back , as for the skeeters get a lot of OFF & those citernillel candles :roflmao: Thats what we had to do here the spray truck killes more with the front bumper then with the spray :eek: The fender light is here just say the word & I'll drop it in the mail to ya & if you have the big skeeters like we had here just get the .22 out cause the OFF don't work on them:roflmao:
  4. chucktx

thanks for the offer cowboy.........send it on....let me know what to send back.......thanks!!!!!:)
  5. chucktx

finally some good news......gonna pick up a lot of my parts in the morning.....hope to get a start on it tomorrow evening!!!!!:)
  6. cowboy

Are you getting new tubes or trying to strighen yours ? the rest look's like your full speed ahead
  7. cowboy

Chuck the frender light is on it's way , sent it out today us mail to your PO Box :cool:
  8. chucktx

thanks.......will let ya know when i get it!!!!!!!:D :D
  9. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

OK I am currious, did you get new or straighten your tubes.

I tried to have mine straghtened and it worked ok but not good enough for me to chance them.
  10. chucktx

went with new.....i would NEVER trust straightend tubes,,,,,,i checked prices for new tubes and all the inners to rebuild both.....checked prices for new tubes and lowers assembled......40 dollar difference. i have a great set of used lowers to powder coat now..........lol lol:)
  11. chucktx

got your package today, cowboy........thanks!!!!!! you da man!!!:D
  12. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

So you went with complete new tubes I take it. You wouldn't build a set for $40. Man mine were super easy to put together, but my sporty tubes are a dang site different to those big geeser glide tubes LOL. Nuttin' personal with the geeser glide thing LOL. All my riding buddies have switch over to them VW size V-twins. Not me cup of tea LOL.
  13. chucktx

well, ol' "road hog" is setting on both feet now. got the frontend on, all the wiring back, fog and turn sigs installed, new rotor on. took some pics but left the camera in the shop...will pose em tomorrow. need to install the floorboard and finish the paint....gettin pretty close now!!!!!:)

i got new tubes and lowers only because i couldnt build them for 40 bucks.....front tubes are not hard to build.....just some time and a little effort....nuthing wrong with runnin around on a piglet.......but one day you may decide on a geezer glide........:D :D
  14. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

I likes me piglet a LOT. I can't wait to see what you turn out this time on yours. I like the GGs but just not for me. I must be one of those masochists types or something. I like my padded 2X6 seat and being beat by anything that comes over the bars :roflmao: . Besides that now I have ran my mouth so much to the buds about theirs that I can NEVER get one or I won't be able to carry all the crap they will throw at me :D . I would be hard put to even think BT now LOL.

Anyway glad your girl is coming along for ya. Still can't wait to see the finished product again.
  15. chucktx

here is how it is sitting this evening.....got some paint thrown on the fender, no clear yet....gonna do the fairing tomorrow....hopefully........:)

Attached Files:

16. cowboy

Good to here you git the package on time , Bike's starting to take a good shape , like the monkey said who had his tail cut off won't be long now :D
    Did you just hammer the fender or get a new one ? looks good eather way
  17. chucktx

neither!!!!!!!!!!!! just "buffed" the old one out!!!!!!!!!:roflmao:

naw, i had an old fender from a road king....repaired it and repainted......the new models dont come with"electraglide" on the fenders. the roadking had holes for their emblem. bought some new 65 electraglide emblems and drilled new holes, covered the old ones......should look cool!!!!!
  18. cowboy

Harley-davidson 1951 Harley Davidson Servi Car Origi don't know if this link will work but you said you wanted a servi car only 13.5 :D fender look's good , I also have the electraglide on my fender , I like the way they look with the script on them
  19. chucktx

no link cowboy........:( :confused:
  20. chucktx

got the fairing painted today....still need to put a shadow on the lower circle under the wings.....didnt see that until i saw the pics!!!! lol:) will clear the fender and fairing tomorrow morning.............

Attached Files: