1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Clarification of Jetting Table

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by dencor, Oct 26, 2015.

1. dencor

dencor Member

2006 xl883, stock/oem air cleaner-stage 1 exhaust. Should I be using the 42/170 combo or the 44/175 set. Thanx. Dennis
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

This could be a toss up depending on how well your aftermarket exhaust flows. If you are only using slip on mufflers along with a stock air cleaner then select the 42/170 combo. If the exhaust is a full system (not stock) then you can probably bump up a size on the main jet.

An aftermarket air cleaner is the best improvement to flow you can make and will give you a true stage 1 upgrade, at which time you will want to run the larger 44/175 jets.
  3. dencor

dencor Member

My mufflers are indeed slip-ons (cycle shack), so I'll give the 42/170 a shot. Your timely response is much appreciated! THANX!!
  4. Imcguire

Imcguire Member

I have a very similar question but opposite scenario. I have a K&N air filter but am currently running stock exhaust. What would the recommended jetting be? Thank you!
  5. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Please contact us through the website's contact page with your order number so we can advise you better. Our jetting advice may differ if not using it with the other components in our Tuners Kit.

If however you are simply looking for general jetting advice not connected with one of our Tuner Kits I would recommend posting in the Motorcycle Tech Forum.

https://cv-performance.com/pages/5/Contact-Us