1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cv Performance V-ductor

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by sarge7, Sep 17, 2009.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

This is a new item that CV brought out recently - Takes about 30 mins to install and the performance gain is very noticeable- Took my ride out for a test run after installing and npticed it ran smoother with a stonger pull through the mid range of accel.
    Haven't checked the mileage gains yet but if it works as they say - there should be a small increase in mileage per gallon.
    This unit was mounted under a Arlen Ness big Sucker with the stock HD cover and had plenty of room left over.
    I would recomend this as a good way to gain a little HP - on the cheap.
  2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Cool, I've been waiting for a review, guess I'll order one. They look cool to.:)
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I have one that I just put on my 01 Springer with the SE air cleaner. I to noticed an improvement in performance. Have not been able to ride it a long distance to check fuel mileage yet. Very easy to install. Would recommend it to anyone that wants to increase power and performance without spending a fortune.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

yep I've had one for a little bit now my MPG went up from about 38 to 44 , & a little notice in the responce of the throttle :D it's the real deal & while worth it
  5. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Took the ride out for a mileage check - and was sure I read my gas gauge wrong; but what'da know it improved the mileage. Most of the time I have a heavy hand on the throttle and kept it about 80 to 85. fuel was about the same useage as running at 60.
    Couple times when the traffic was light I checked out the top end speed and found out I picked an extra 5 mph on top end without gettin into the redline. Pretty impressive for a small add on like the V-Ductor.
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I have order the V-Ductor, did anyone have to rejet after installation?
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

nope, nothing else needs attention.....a plug and play!!
  8. FLHTbiker

I added the V-ductor before re-jetting and did notice a difference in performance but re-jetted real soon afterwords. I took the bike out today and we rode up the Clackamas river to its head waters and over the top down to an area called Detroit lake. All I can say is beautiful ride. The Springer with the new jetting and V-ductor is awesome simply awesome. My mileage used to be 38-41 and today it was 48-50 which made me very happy. Was not babying the throttle either but was really happy with the results.

Attached Files:

9. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

10. FLHTbiker

I re-jetted up because I did a stage one upgrade, pipes and air cleaner. I used Kens kit and followed his instructions on the kit exactly.
  11. chucktx

another great pic!!!! thanks!!:)
  12. FLHTbiker

Chuck the whole ride was pretty much like that. Meant up with a couple from Australia today and the wife was complaining that her camera was to slow and she was missing some great photo's. I told her to go up then come back as the view is different going the other direction. :D
  13. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Received my new V-Ductors in the mail today, already have them installed. One on my bike and one on the wife’s bike. Today I rode a 150 mile loop around Pikes Peak. Am going to do the same loop tomorrow in reverse order, see what kind of mileage difference I get. Will be riding with several people tomorrow is the only difference.:D:D
    Only think I don’t like is having something this cool and not being able to show it off.
  14. chucktx

you could always build a clear plexiglass cleaner cover for it!!!!!!:D
  15. cowboy

Now that would be trick out :D
  16. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I thought about the Plexiglas cover but still have the air filter to deal with, so I passed on that project...
    Rode the same road yesterday that I did Friday, Friday was clear and cool 45 to 50 degrees, I went 155.7 miles and used 2.67 gallons of fuel, was just myself and one other guy I did the leading and rode my own ride. 56.41 miles per gallon, 45 to 65 miles per hour lots of curves and small hills, altitude lowest 5,500 to 8,500 ft. highest.
    Yesterday was 70 to 75 degrees and I was sweep for 7 other bikes. Same speed just on and off the trottle a lot more. a little windy in a few places. 160.1 miles and used 2.859 gallons of fuel = 55.99 miles per gallon, about the same. Did notice a little difference in throttle response. The air on Friday was nice and crisp yesterday, was warm for the high country and the air felt heavy, maybe a little more humidity. There usually isn’t much humidity around here except when it rains. I plan to ride the same road again and I'll recheck the mileage.
    Now my wife said she could really tell a difference in throttle response, I have not checked her fuel mileage yet, she always gets better than me anyway.
    She is happy and that is good for me.:D
  17. chucktx

these are all very good reports!!!! a lot of new products that hit the market are just snake oil......this one seems to exceed claims.....and that is good!!!!!!!
  18. cowboy

I let my bro-in-law use my ride last saturday , & he has riden it before went about 70 miles round trip to take parts to shop for his bike , whne he got back he asked what I did to it & not tell him , so I told him he said he did noticed a change in the throttle & mpg ,
    PS he's having his 2000 S glide redone he's bought it new & having it all done front front to rear , he did buy it in 1999 so 10 years since he got it & still a lot cheeper then new :D
  19. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Just a added note to my early post about the V-ductor.
    I have noticed a smoother start up and idle on my EVO when it's cold - so my choke doesn't have to stay out so long for warm up.
    Increased fuel/air effency = faster warm up time = more riding time.
    More ridin time = 1 happy rider!;)
  20. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

V-ductor up date: 11-03-2009
    Guess I have had the V-ductor on for a little over month and a couple of thousand miles or so. Went for a ride today with a couple of buddies, we did a 166 mile loop, nothing over 6,500 ft in altitude and as low as 4,000 ft. Rode like I always ride, speed limit plus whatever I thing I can get away with. 60-70 mph. A couple of towns to go through. The last 45 miles was interstateThe speed limit on I-25 is 75. we rode 80-85 mph. 166 miles – 3.23 gallons premium gasoline. 51.39 mpg, I can live with that. Bike has good throttle response.