1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

CV44 Or HSR42

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by Donald Derby, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Donald Derby

Donald Derby Member

Good afternoon all,

Currently have a 2001 fxst. Started life with a cv40 and basically stock. It now is a 97" with S&S 585 cams 10.75:1 comp and the heads were matched at 82cc combustion chambers. It runs good with its HSR42 that is currently on it and dynos at 103 ftlbs and 88 hp with a sae smoothing of 5 however i think there is more on the table because it goes hella fat at 3k (10:1) and at 1800(11:1) but other wise hangs out around 12.5-13.5. I was thinking about swapping to a cv44 i have on the shelf before chasing tuning further but wanted to know if yall think i could gain with the cv or if i should stay with the flat side.
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Stick with the Mikuni HSR 42. The CV44 was a good carb but since most of the parts were unique and different from the stock CV40 you will have an easier time locating parts for the Mikuni. The CV44 used different needles than a CV40 and many of those parts are obsolete now.