1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

CVP Needles

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by rkjjeep, May 5, 2012.

1. rkjjeep

rkjjeep New Member

Are there different versions of the "Velocity" needle? I orderd one for a 88TC dyna - wondered if it will work in a 883 Sporty? Or is there a different version for the sporty.

While I'm asking.....any recommendations for jetting (incl needle) for a 2004 883 with stock pipes/modified baffles and high flow air cleaner? Thanks!!!
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

The only needle that is different for a Sportster is for the 2004-2006 XL 1200 that had the XB heads. The needle you have will work for your application.

Jetting - on a Harley 883 with a high flow air cleaner I recommend a #44 pilot jet and adjust the mixture screw (or EZ-Just if you have that).
  3. rkjjeep

rkjjeep New Member

AND use the CVP velocity needle? Thanks
  4. waikryder

waikryder New Member

I recently purchased the CVP Velocity Needle and the CVP C65. I was wondering if anyone knows the specs of these two needles. I tried contacting CVP via the website but have not heard back from anyone. So if anyone can help out with the tech specs for these needles so I can decide which needle might be better, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
  5. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi Waikryder, the N65 needle we make is identical to the factory N65C needle originally used on 1988 Sportster to overcome an off-idle hesitation. Tuners have been using this needle exclusively for the past 24 years for a richer midrange. The N65 needle has a broad range from 1/4 throttle up to around 2/3 throttle. Many tuners use shims with this needle when seeking a richer mixture just off idle.

The Velocity needle is our own design and uses 3 steps and tapered sections that gradually ramp up between each step. The design allows for very good off-idle reaction without becoming overly rich at half throttle. Our needle also eliminates the need to shim or adjust.

Hope that helps.
  6. waikryder

waikryder New Member

If I'm getting hesitation/popping and loss of power in the mid range which needle and setup would you recommend?
  7. waikryder

waikryder New Member

Btw do you have the tech specs ie measurements for the needles?