1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cycle Shack headers

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 03LD, Dec 27, 2015.

1. 03LD

03LD Member

G'day all, I am trying to find some information on CS's 2-1 headers...not much on google. Mostly Thunder header, V&H , D&D.

Bike is a 03 low rider, K&N filter, carb re-jet. The one I am looking at is PHD-329. 1.75"pipes not sure of pipe length or collector length. Looking for some more power in the 2000-5000 band.

Found a set for $300 worth it or save for a thunder or a d&d header?

Thanks
  2. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Thunder headers are obnoxiously loud...V&H makes some nice sounding pipes and pretty good power...
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Think They are decent enough, nice sound, not overpriced
  4. 03LD

03LD Member

Right on I think I'll get them. As long as they have a nice sound and maybe add a bit of perfomance I will be happy. Could always make a stepped header out of them and a different collector.
  5. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

Had a T/header on my Evo wideglide, fair amount of upgrades on motor. Was pretty loud and was dissapointed in tone for my taste. Have V/H true duals with 450 mufflers , meets my personal taste for a long ride.
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Vance and Hines Pro pipe if it must be a 2-1.
    Fatboy128 likes this.
  7. 03LD

03LD Member

G'day all.. I always seem to come here with issues..lol. Anyhow I am having a bit of trouble with the pipes moving around on me. They touch just ahead of the rear brake pedal after having about 3/8" clearance in this area. The exhaust gaskets are the cone style. Wondering if going to the older style gasket would keep them from moving?

Thanks
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

You may need to loosen then set position and tighten down again. The washers crush and take up more space if cone style but not that much

Get it aligned and tighten shouldn't move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. 03LD

03LD Member

I tightened the bastards down again had about little better than 1/8" ran it for a bit tightened up again about 1/16. Anyhow noticed my front wheel moving a fair bit idling, going to check the motor mounts tomorrow evening.. like HRK said they are moving got to figure out why??