1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Day ride to Rhode Island

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by badinfluence63, Sep 30, 2016.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Left at 8am,it was 48 degrees and dark and overcast. Never got over 59 and rained a bit.

Found a back way shortcut that took about 80 miles off the usual route. Same amount of time because speeds are anywhere from 35 to 65 mph. Mostly 35-50mph.

Enjoyed the seeing the farm harvest and cut down cornfields and humongeous stacks/piles of cord wood. 2 places the wood was cut stacked in mini mountain piles. Pretty impressive.

And which is how I spent my afternoon..stacking cord wood. To old for that,my ankles and wrist are killing me.

I to have ride thru 10 miles of Worcester Massachusetts till I hit I-190 north. Freaken Worcester was a 20 mpharking lot I feel ypur pain Fatboy. At least l'm off it in 8-10 miles.

The picture is at round top pond in Burrillville,RI.

image.jpeg
    Red Rider and Fatboy128 like this.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Mass. sucks!
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds nice, we're looking for cooler weather soon, hopefully Hurricane Mathew will blow off some of the warmer temps, actually it's not bad just humid...
  4. badinfluence63

Not all of it. Western Mass,particularly rt. 2 is real nice,it's called the Mohawk trail. Mt greylock is another nice Ada and most of rt 7 which runs north/south is as well nice. Eastern mass sux bad. Urban compact and traffic congestion, shitty drivers.
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

i stand corrected only been to west mass once years ago
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Most of these commie run states like NY, CT, Mass have great people, once you get out of the cities you find good normal people like the rest of the country.

I've seen some of the most hillbilly backwood washing machine on the front porch redneck cabin livin dirt poor folks in the hills of states that have the big cities, hillbillies are everywhere not just KY, WV and TN
  7. badinfluence63

I feel bad for you FB having to ride thru that everytime you go to Maine.
    Fatboy128 likes this.