1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Decoding an el bruto engine number to order repair parts

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Akasoc, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Akasoc

Akasoc Member

Hello all. New to the website and I'm sure I will be returning frequently because of the wealth of info.

Here is my dilemma.....

Purchased a chopper which I believe (from previous owner and limited availability of older ultima motor info from their website) contains a 113" el bruto motor. It appears to need a gaskets (at least) or possibly a bearing (at worst). Every place I have looked has no information on how to break down the engine case numbers by year of manufacture. On the engine website it has a breakdown for 2012 engines (that I found) but nothing older. Can someone please direct me to somewhere that has it online? I've put a request into a few parts dealers that sell the motors to no avail. I also sent an email directly to midwest motorcycle supply...still waiting on a reply. Case numbers...#CEO3K2276

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Soc
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

First - Slow responses to this are likely 'cuz you posted in a unlikely spot on the forum to be seen. This should be moved to the forum The Garage: subforum Motorcycle Tech Talk.

As to getting the info: it looks like Ultima does answer questions on their Facebook site, so you could try posting there. If you don't have a FB account (as I don't), I'd bet you know someone that does that could post for ya.

Good luck!
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Akasoc

Akasoc Member

Thank you gentlemen. I thought it was in the right location for the question. I did get into ultima fb page and was responded to. I am waiting on a reply. Again my thanks.

Soc

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
  5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Is the motor making a noise that makes you think a bearing is going bad??