1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Does anyone know . . .?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by joshbob, Feb 28, 2016.

1. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

. . . where to find a drawing showing a 4-speed sprocket spacer (for a 4-speed tranny) with a Viton o-ring. Drawing shows the dimensions of the machined groove and the correct size o-ring to use.

Saddlebagrail makes them, but my money was sent back. I think he was out of stock or maybe stopped making them altogether.

I've also posted on the ShovelheadUSA forum, where Saddlebagrail makes his home. It seems as time goes on, it gets harder to find stuff - or maybe I'm just getting too slow for our fast paced world LOL.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. joshbob

Got the correct email address for Saddlebagrail. Ordering one of his spacers . . . and to any of you still riding a Harley with one of the older 4-speeds, you will probably have this leak and this spacer will do the job. I've read nothing but good reviews and I'm ready to try anything that will get rid of this pesky mainshaft leak.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Cool hope that it's the trick to fix it
  4. joshbob

Yup, narry a drop to be seen now. Incidently, all of my gaskets are Cometic and the seals are James. Have had good fortune with those so far.
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Cometic are very good gaskets.
    Lucifer likes this.
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

A Shovel with no drips???lol. Let's hope you got it...Found a "How to" on the web.Notice who put it up....

http://www.shovelhead.us/pics/sheets/leakingtranny.pdf
    joshbob likes this.
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

That means it's empty and time to refill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. joshbob

Haha! But just to be sure, I did check the oil but it was only down about 3/16" on the dip stick. I run about two and a half quarts in my oil bag.