1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Don't see any MAP's for my setup

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by dgailfus, Jun 26, 2006.

1. dgailfus

dgailfus New Member

I am planning on purchasing the V & H Oval Slip-ons, Kuryakyn Twin Velocity Plus hi-flo air cleaner, and the Power Commander III for a 2006 Road King Classic, EFI, w/stock ECU. The closest thing the Power Commander site has is all of the above except with an SE air cleaner system. Does the general consensus think that that will be sufficient?:confused:
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Should work....I used the Ness Big Sucker air filter, only had a listing for SE....main thing is that it is a high flow air filter....unless others know better? All those maps are ball park.... at least worked on 1 bike as described, so it is close....only way to get it fully "right" is to put on the map to get close, then take bike in to be dyno tuned by someone that knows what they are doing. Good luck!
  3. CD

CD Guest

As long as you have a free flow air cleaner, you should be fine. Like AFNurse sez though, if you want to max it out for performance and mileage you would need a dyno with a load cell.

Who's that General Consensus feller?
  4. diverreb

diverreb New Member

Just Curious....

I have an 06 Ultra & put on the V & H Ovals & SE High Flow Air Filter & opted for the V & H Fuel Pack. It's actually improved my fuel mileage* and the Dyno Run put the HP at 72.11 and the Torque at 75.25. Never had it stock Dyno'd but they tell me it's quite an improvement.

Any reason you are going with the PC over the V&H Fuel pack?

* V & H tech services told me that only the Fuel Pack can reduce fuel flow in addition to increasing it, where the PC's can only add fuel, which is why they claim you will get better mileage along with the power boost with the fuel pack. Don't know if that's true, but it worked for me.... I picked up 3 - 4 MPG on average.
  5. CD

CD Guest

Can you say blowing smoke up your wazoo? The Fuelpak has many, many limitations. The PC like the SERT has very, very few limitations.

The Fuel Pak currently only has maps for V&H stuff. I know that they are hard at work on other brands. How do I know? Cuz we sold them to them in trade for the same value in V&H stuff. Also, you are very limited in what can be tweaked with the Fuel Pak.

With the PC you can fully adjust the fuel curve both lean and rich, add cold start fuel, fully adjust timing, set the RPM limit and even can offset the cylinder mixture and timing between the jugs. The SERT even goes further with the ability to adjust independent cells and some other features such as data logging.

So, you buy a Fuel Pak for your Stock 88 or 96 and a set of V&H with a stock ECU or a Stage I, either has MAPS for it. But, flow your heads, punch it out, add cams or change pipes, and EBay is where the Fuel Pak will end up.

Way to limited for my tastes.
  6. ZZTejas69

ZZTejas69 New Member

From my experience, a map that close will give you what you want. I went a step further and had my heads massaged, and updated to the new Power Commander. I felt like I needed a custom map having spent this much money, so I went to a Power Commander tuning center. They custom made a map that is dead on. The hp is 87 and torque around 91ft. lbs. Hope this helps!
  7. ZZTejas69

ZZTejas69 New Member

I forgot to tell you that I went with a geardrive cam to get rid of the inherent harley problem that they wont fix the right way. I have minimal noise from the G-26 cam.
  8. hunter2050

hunter2050 New Member

have a 08 fatboy,do I need a tuner?:confused: :confused:
  9. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

diverreb, i will give u a v&h fuel pak, i took it off of my bike and went with pciii, yes the fuel pak will get u more fuel mileage because it makes engine run lean also will be little quicker off the line and will run hotter, i was getting 48 to 50 mpg on a screamin eagle road king with 110 ci riding 2 up, changed to pciii dropped mpg to mid 40's, but picked more ponies and torque, and like cd said they are made to work with v&h pipes which i am running.

DKIN21

LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD