1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dyno test

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by AIRPORTCOPPER, Nov 24, 2008.

1. AIRPORTCOPPER

AIRPORTCOPPER New Member

ilive in ny how much should a average dyno run and pc iii tune cost me i did the whole install pipes filter and pc iii from fuel moto if i need to get it tuned what should i pay..
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

APC I found a Indy shop in my area & paid just $180 for four hours work on his dyno but he did some real fine tuning that I did'nt know how to do on this EFI , I still use the shop traet me & people I send there real good :cool:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

the shop you use will charge by the hour.....find out the labor rate, then ask what the average time is to do the work you requested. labor rates are different all around the country, and fromshop to shop.......:)
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Chuck is right on with his info , But try to find a shop your comfortable with in both price & people & check around to see if or what other riders have to say about the shop & the folks who run it , & try not to judge a book by it cover you might not like the results
  5. mstngjoe

mstngjoe New Member

FuelMoto has a pretty good rep from what I have seen on the Harley boards.

If you purchased their complete Stage I package, I would think that they loaded the PC III with a custom tune for you.

Instead of a full dyno tune I would just go with a baseline dyno (tq/hp/rpm) with the air fuel ratio readouts and then email the results to FuelMoto for evaluation.

I was able to get a baseline dyno on my Softail for $55.

Good luck!
  6. 07Fatty

07Fatty New Member

I paid 200 bucks for a complete dyno and tune. He gave me all the read outs from my base run hp/tq/ air/fuel ratio and were everything was when he was done. He has a flat rate no matter how long it took him. Bragging Right Racing