1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Electric heated seat

Discussion in 'Projects' started by amf4399, Jan 28, 2009.

1. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

Just made a electric vest and with the wire left over I thought maybe I could use it for the seat. Has anybody tried this.
    Basically I used this site for the vest and will apply it to the seat.

Home Made Electric Motorcycle Clothing
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great link!!!!!!!!!! got some pics of your vest???? i see my next weekend project!!!!!!!!!! thanks!
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Sound's like a good deal for real cold weather
  4. fujimo

fujimo New Member

electric vest??????? come on guys,,,i ride all winter,,,no electric anythin,,,, i suppose you all have electric starters too,,,, electric blankets ,,,socks,,, electric blo up dolls,,,,be a man ,,its tee shirt weather to 28 above,,,,
  5. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

There is an electric blo up doll ?
  6. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

Actually I have pictures and when I am done I will post them. I practiced with 2 t-shirts. Made the mistake by not removing the tape that held the wire in place when I sewed the two together. When ordering your wire the new stock number is on top of the page. Its around $24 for 100 feet. I used about 50ft for one vest. There is another helpful sight and when I am at my other computer I will post it.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep fujimo I use the botton to start my bike don't think thses old knees will take a kicker any more:eek: I where leathers in clod weather but non plug in :D
  8. fujimo

fujimo New Member

kick

i kno ,,,i kno,,, kicking these thins is really not smart,,,,which reminds me,,,last dec,,,a gal about 100 pnds,,,,5'1,,,maybe and her husband was in fred meyer parking lot,,,both riding,,,, real nice old harleys,,,kick,,,, she jumped on hers,,,shot her over handle bars unto pavement,,,, god,,,it was hard to not laugh but couldnt help it,,, she had done before ,,,her husband said,,, she cussed worse than me and got rite back on fired up and left husband and us standing,,,, i do not kno weather husband ever caught up with her,,,, i am sure he slept alone that nite
  9. chucktx

funny but i bet true story!!!!!!!!! hehehehe thanks!!!!
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Where in the hel! do you live fujimo. Your other post mentioned Fred Meyer so I know your someplace out west?

Yep, I use an electric start,vest when its 28-40, and yep when the dang temps drop down into the 20-30's the old electric blanket gets turned on. Wife and cats love it. No electric pants or socks, as for being a man no electric blow up doll however the air compressor works pretty good. :D :roflmao:
  11. fujimo

fujimo New Member

live

we have passed more than once,,,i live in Siletz,,,, newport fredddys,,,have seen you in latus,,,even talked to you,,,but when you get old,,,,moments disapear sometimes,,,,pops
  12. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well you got one up on me who ever you are.
  13. fujimo

fujimo New Member

black bike with patriot flag and harley hog doll on back,,,, sometimes blonde pug in bitch seat,,,, hog on second bike ,,,got 150000 miles on him,,, pretty dirty,,, pops
  14. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

An update on the electric seat. As far as the electric seat goes to warm your butt its not worth the time or the money. That being said it seems that I have found other benefits to it. The heat near my lower back really seems to help my lower back pain. So much so I think I might try to wire up a back brace to see if that helps my back pain. As I get back into longer rides this summer I will see if its really helping or not but for what I have done so far the heat on my lower back really feels good. As for the other benefit I won’t go into detail but my sister in law said its like a heated vibrator. Wife says no comment.
    For about $20 in materials an about 2hours of time it wasn’t a total waste.
  15. chucktx

that is cool! well, warm anyhow!!!!!! thanks for an update....