1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Exhaust Project

Discussion in 'Projects' started by alaitken, Jan 11, 2012.

1. alaitken

alaitken New Member

I will swich the exhaust on my 2011 Softail Deluxe from stock to Vance & Hines Bigshot Staggereds and will also add a new high-flow air cleaner. The two options I have narrowed down to are: buy strictly Vance & Hines including their FuelPak Tuner and do the work myself, or take it to my Harley dealer and have them install the new pipes, air cleaner and a Harley Super Tuner and then check it our to be sure it is running correctly.

Recommendations? Thoughts?
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

double check with your dealer , on doing to work your self , it might mess up your warranty ,
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Cowboy could be right but only if something you did to it caused direct damage to the bike. I know of one guy that took his new bike and put air cleaner, V&H mufflers and the fuel pak, bike runs great.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ya like I said just double check , better safe them sorry :)
  5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

The Super Tuner would be overkill...IMO unless in the not too distant future you were going to do a big bore, head work and cams...if you're just doing a Stage 1 and going to leave it that way the V&H pipes,breather kit the Fuel Pak will work fine for you and not a difficult job for you to do yourself...