1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

exhaust ?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by smuffin, Jun 6, 2004.

1. smuffin

smuffin New Member

if i alter the exhaust by drilling out the baffles as a friend suggested will i have to rejet the carb. or adjust the mixture. his dyna was drilled and his bike sounds pretty good, not to loud just nice low rumble.
  2. BluesCruiser

BluesCruiser New Member

Like most things in life, it depends. The air breather and pipe restriction levels determine how much air you can move through the system. If you drill the pipes a bit but leave the intake restricted then you can only move a bit more air and you might not need to re-jet. If you also lower the intake restriction you will probably get into re-jetting. Just my $.02
  3. Seahag

Seahag New Member

You should probably atleast drill out the plug over your idle mixture (slow speed) jet...so you could richen the mixture up a tad...that might be enough without having to actually change jet sizes.