1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Finally a decent days ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by badinfluence63, Sep 7, 2013.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

freindlies.jpg Thursday I left the house at 7:45A.M. and didn't get home till 8:30P.M. I rode about 452 miles. I rode to bellows falls,VT to meet my buddy Matt then we headed out to Greenfield,Mass to meet another rider up from Norwich,CT and then onto the Mohawk trail and the Golden Eagle restaurant. We got to the Freindlies in Greenfield, Mass rt 2 West about 30 minutes earlier then Bob so we had a lite breakfast while waiting. We'd no sooner finished then Bob pulled in. We chit chatted a few minutes and then hit the Mohawk trail. We get to the Golden Eagle restaurant for 11am and it opens at noon..WTF. FYI...the Mohawk trail is an awsome ride with harsh twisties and panoramic epic views, just beautiful. The area took a hit last year with Irene, was actually shut down for most of the summer and the repairs are very apparent as you ride thru the trail.
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=moh ... ORM=HDRSC2

Since the restaurant was closed and it was only 11A.M. we headed back down to the interstate, stopping in Shelburne Falls at the Trail DOC diner. After a quick burger and fries me and Matt figured lets make a day of it and hit the road riding back to Connecticut with Bob or more precisley the Bach Door bar in Chaplin,CT. The ride took us thru the outskirts of Hartford,CT then thru Storrs,CT and the UCONN campus and finally into Chaplin and the Bach Door. http://www.motorcyclemonster.com/events ... in-CT.html

We chilled out for a couple beers worth before heading out. Jumped on the 395 north into Worcester,Mass then onto 495 north, RT3, I-93 north,I-89 north and home.

Took a few photos but won't have them for a few days.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a great day...
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Looong, fun day! Cool link about the Mohawk Trail, thanks. Looking forward to the pics.
  4. badinfluence63

It was and with any luck and modest cooperation from mother nature I should be able to sneak in another ride Saturday...our season is slowly winding down. November 1st is traditionally when evening temps start plummeting to the mid to low 30's, high 20's sometimes, with snow soon to follow.......
  5. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

We had a frost warning a few days ago for my area, sucks! Congrats on what sounds like a good ride! Not sure about the Bach Door bar, we have one or two of those type here in town, not my thing... but I won't judge!LOL!
  6. badinfluence63

Being from Califirnia you would know all about that. :kiss:

Yeah the name is suspect and I get that all the time but its a bonified old timey biker bar running 30+years now.
  7. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

California??? Roadster Guy is from Canada!!!!!:rolleyes::banghead:wtf:
  8. badinfluence63

Even worse.:)
  9. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

As long as the beer is cold and the barstools are old I'm sure it is a good place. As for California, furthest south in U.S. I've been so far is Fla. about once a year, but I always come home to the cold. Still don't know why. Oh, yeah, all my stuff is here.
  10. badinfluence63

Spent much time in Canada,eh. Mostly Toronto,Nova Scotia(Oak Island) and Winnepeg. A smidge of Montreal and Ottawa.

You sure seem to have a lot of poor drunk indians out the Winnepeg way
  11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

well back to your ride , sounds like a good ride even up in Yankee land LMAO , who cares riding is riding ,& a cold one at the end ( pun intended )
  12. badinfluence63

Given the choices...Yankee land or hillbilly heaven I'll take a little of both but not to much of either. My 2nd home is North Carolina and my place in New Hampshire is so far up in the mountains I don't imagine Obama and his kind will ever want to get this cold or work this hard to live and stay warm. I live on a dirt road in the middle of 1000 acres land conservationism.
    And to be honest and keeping it real, my biggest aggrivation is as a consequence of working and family responsibilities I'm not able to see as much of this great country as I'd like too. I have over my lifetime crisscrossed this great country several times in various ways. Hitch hiking, bus, car,plane, automobile and motorcycle. I cannot get enough. Now that my kids are gone and the pets are dead, my work schedule and grandkids are preventing me and my wife from traveling even more.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  13. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

It's about Choices and your priorities. 'Can't go wrong with choosing family. JMHO
  14. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

He and his kind font care. They just want more of your money. You should hear the ads for NYC Mayor race. The dems are promising to tax the wealthy in order to provide child care, lower rents, etc. the guy who started this is in the lead according to the polls. " Times they are a changing".
  15. charlie46

:confused::confused:WTF?
  16. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

"Font" should be "don't". Damn auto correct spelling
  17. charlie46

One of us must be in the wrong thread. Guess who.