1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Well the wife's back was feeling pretty good for a change and our weather today was perfect. 82 f low humidity and a cool breeze off the ocean. She said she wanted to ride ! First time this season. We went from our north shore Long Island home to the south shore and stopped at the Off Key Tiki Bar for a drink and dinner. I pulled some pork out of the pig on a spit, yum. Live calypso band to eat to. We then headed home. Longest ride for her in a few years. About 45 miles. Her back now glaring up but she says it was worth it. God I miss riding with the OL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's really nice, glad that worked out for you both.
  3. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Good for getting out. Summers just going by like non existant.

Friend of mind texted me from this place. Do you know it?
    http://www.claudios.com
  4. Fatboy128

Yep. Been there often over the years. Nice place on the wharf. Special VIP bike parking.

5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I hear ya there FB...Sandy(Flo) hasn't been able to ride the last 2 years and I enjoy going on day trips with her and trying out different places to eat.
    I put the tourpak on the King with the big lazy-boy backrest to see if that would help,it did the first year,now it's just a beer pak.I really miss her not being able to come with me,actually cut down on my riding because I don't like leaving her home when I know she'd rather ride too...

Geeze, I clicked on Crabby Jerry's and watched the video, Looks like they cook the lobster with the bands on them:eek:. Not supposed to do that!! Gives them a rubbery taste:yuck:
    I think it's only fair you give the lobster a chance to get a bite at you before you take a bite out of it...lol
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Glad you got out and had a nice ride.
    Know it has to feel good.

I'd like to ride here but I'm still waiting on my Part B for my insurance card .
    And the OL to get some insurance. She's changing jobs, so she don't have any yet.

Hadn't seen many folks here riding right now. Were waiting.

[​IMG]
  7. Fatboy128

Yeah I see what you mean about Crabby Jerry's. I haven't eaten in that place but Claudios and the Clam Bar too. I don't eat seafood, had a bad experience many years ago, shrimp causes my throat to close and breathing to stop. I don't care for fish either but on my recent Maine vacation my wife, son and daughter in law were raving so much about the calamari they were eating I had to try it, it was freaking great!
  8. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Glad two two got out...Today was another great day...Took back roads to Warwick, NY...Black Dirt Region...
  9. Fatboy128

Back on the late 70's -early 80's used to ride there every now and then. We used to stop on 17a at the Red Apple Rest ( I think that was its name ) it doesn't exist anymore. Neither does Marcus Dairy in Danbury CT which was another good stop on Sunday morning. They were like the Rock House in Ca.

10. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

I remember those well...There is a great biker friendly place (Barnsider) in the little town of Sugarloaf about 10 miles from Warwick...It is like a mini Woodstock, NY...Soap shops, candle shops, records, clothes and other strange things...Going back in time...I need to get to Woodstock...Have not been there in a few years...Nice riding up there too...Thinking about going up to Hunter Mountain for the Oktoberfest which is not to from Woodstock...Good food, good people and great beer...
  11. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

On the way back from watkins glen we took rt 13 to 79 to 206 and onto I-88. That stretch between rt13 to I-88 was a joy to ride. I dug the moment. Loping roads that rose and fell thru lush green valleys and no cars. Upstate NY more then makes up for the urban compact in lower,NY. Small rural communities that if you blink you'd miss them.

I have a bunch of photos from that and once winters comes i'll post up.