1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Finally!!!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Kbar, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Kbar

Kbar New Member

been a little apprehensive since my accident. Been sticking to the neighborhood, practicing my fundamentals. But yesterday I took the plunge...I took the bike out of the Neighborhood for the first time! Got myself on a three lane road just before rush hour and practiced a little lane changing... I can't wait to take it out again!!!
    Red Rider likes this.
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Find a big, empty parking lot and do figure eights for a couple hours. Don't just do circles - you can get dizzy and dump it that way. Practice hard stops in the p-lot, too. Be safe, but have fun!
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Have you taken an MSF course yet, if not do it, you get your endorsement by completing them without having to do the state test.

Also you'll have qualified people to train you, almost every HD dealer has
    a course, they provide the bike and training staff. Doesn't matter that you
    do or don't have an HD>
    Red Rider likes this.
  4. Kbar

Kbar New Member

Yes I have my endorsement. I was just nervous about driving around with bigger heavier vehicles that are commonly driven by distracted morons. But, since my last post I've gotten to where I am comfortable doing 80 on the interstate. Just riding as much as I can and getting better and more comfortable everyday!
    Red Rider likes this.
  5. Kbar

Kbar New Member

I've been doing that stuff in the neighborhood. We have several undeveloped areas that I've been utilizing.
    Red Rider likes this.
  6. hotroadking

OK you have the endorsement but have you taken the course, that wasn't clear,

There are things you'll learn there to help you, also if you haven't seen one order up a dvd of Ride Like a Pro, it will help you with those slow speed turns etc that everyone moving up to a heavy bike runs up against, I"ve been to his shows at Daytona, good stuff, have the video, he also has a series on highway riding, former LEO Motor.

They will impart some good knowledge, the issue with others imparting knowledge is they might be teaching you their bad habits along with some good. So nothing better than a tv, recliner and beer with some edjamucation.

https://www.ridelikeapro.com/

Kbar and Red Rider like this.
  7. Kbar

Kbar New Member

Sorry, in Florida the course is the requirement for the endorsement
  8. hotroadking

Thats good, ride safe, practice practice practice!
    Kbar likes this.