1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

?Finished Upgrade

Discussion in 'Projects' started by dmassey, Sep 30, 2010.

1. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

well I decided to just bite the bullet and, other than cams, finish the upgrade. I had already put the SE Fat Shotz on so I got the Super Tuner, SE breather, Vance & Hines head pipes with power chamber and dyno. Dyno results: HP-80.11, T-96.7 ft.lbs, 5th gear at 6200 rpm-145mph. Real smooth power and torque curves. The guy that does the dyno has folks coming in from several states around and everthing I hear is that he is the best. He gave me a set of hearing protecters and pulled me up a chair so I could watch. He explained everything that was going one. He told me that his philosophy is that the more I understand about how the bike is supposed to act, the better I can explain to him when I think the bike is not behaving. I really like the lower rumble by getting rid of the convertor. The HOG chapter took an overnite in Cherokee, NC and the bike did great with two up and bags packed. Bike sounds great rolling off the mountain and accelerating up the hills, etc. Fairly quiet at low speeds but will bark if you want. Still getting around 45mpg. Darn thing about rattles the carport now when it hits.........
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like your a real happy camper :D, What cams did you go with ?
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

sounds like you got it working now.

Was drag racing me old buddy couple of weeks ago and smoked him, :cool: mine is a stock 05 tc88 except for s&s gear driven cams, a little carburetor work, k&n air filter and v&h pipes, his is a stock 07 tc96 with se air filter kit and se slip on mufflers. Must have embarrassed him cause yesterday he went and had a some kind of tuner put on and had it dynoed and picked up 7 more horse power and about 10 pounds of torque per the dyno sheet. Guess we will have to try it again and see the true results. :D I’ve been thinking about a 95 inch kit anyway.
  4. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Aint't done the cams - yet. Don't be puttin' ideas in my head as if the tempatation wasn't already there.:cool:
    HOG chapter went for a lunch/picnic ride this morning after the meeting. Man it was great going through the mountains.:D:D
  5. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Sounds like he sort of took it personal:D Is his carb or injected? Tell you what, get a carb set up to feedin' a modified engine right and they can be hard to keep up with. Bein' an 07 I figure it is probably injected. Let me know how the rematch goes. I'm thinkin' you will still have a bit of an edge.:)
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

His is injected, lots to do with reving high enough to stay in the power band when you shift to, I'll keep you posted on the rematch.
  7. Informme

Informme New Member

Hi dmassey,

I notice you live in Tenn. I was wondering if you could let me know the guys name and his location that dynoed your bike. I have been looking for someone that is good.

Thanks
    Scott
  8. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

His name is Russell. He works at Smith Brothers in Johnson City.

Danny
  9. Informme

Informme New Member

Hey Danny,

Thanks alot for the info. I will try to make it up there soon. I'm a little over 2 hrs away.
    Enjoy your bike.

Scott
  10. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Let me know when you're coming up and ll try to come over. i live about 25 minutes away.
    Danny
  11. Informme

Informme New Member

OK Danny.

Thanks again

Scott
  12. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Sounds like distancewise you're somewhere between Winston Salem and Charlotte.

Hope to ride some tomorrow. Was going to ride today but the temp when I left home was 13. I'll ride at 19 but not 13.

Danny
  13. Informme

Informme New Member

Yea my wife and I live in catawba county.

Went riding yesterday but not for to long. Was a little cool.

Scott