1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

First Dyno Pull Ever!!!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Oct 6, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Well, since I can't attach it the way that I want to in a PM, here it is for everyone to see. Here are the results of my first EVER dyno run. I am not going to say anything at this point but I am not surprised, but I am disappointed.:angry:

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

you mean you were going to share this with select members only???? sheesh.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yep, that is what he meant:rolleyes:
  4. JohnnyBiker

So???????:rolleyes::roflmao::roflmao: No, I was going to post it here as well and to some specific people as well. Just how I do things.......:rolleyes:
  5. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

john this is your bike talking can you please feed me some vitamins im very very hungry!!!!!! in some thing to drink !!!! then i promise to make you happy ;):roflmao:
  6. FLHTbiker

Not bad though for a sporster. Need to move up to a big boys ride. Besides when you start riding a bigger bike you'll never want to go back. Just saying!:D
  7. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao: OK, :D We will get it nailed. About to order some jets from Ken. I am going to order 190-200 and I am going to get this nailed down.. I don't have the V-Ductor in right now as I have made the decision that I am going to modify it per our conversation last night. I am also going to tune WhipLash for its use. Thoughts?
  8. JohnnyBiker

Is the N65 needle necessary???? I am on CVP site ordering some jets. Ya or Na?? right now I have my needle shimmed, will installing this needle allow me to take the shim out??
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Odd that the base chart is time not RPM, any reason why?
    SAE or STD?

That's one strange TQ curve, almost straight across,
    I still think the exhaust is killing the bottom end and thus
    the low tq numbers.
  10. JohnnyBiker

I am going to get the corrected charts with afr and rpm tables later today... Pretty lean huh... Did you notice notes in the upper left corner????
  11. hotroadking

Yeah but it's not clear what's happening at RPM so it's
    really not meaningful to me... Shows TQ and HP over time
    which is fine.

A stock HD 1200 puts out 79 ft pounds of TQ, you peak at 66
    with cams and zoomie flash boy exhaust (I know you like it but
    I think it shows the pipes suck performance wise) you've lost 13 foot
    pounds of tq from stock, and even more if you consider you have
    SE heads, cams pipes and ignition.....

Would have been interesting to see a run with the air filter off,
    that would prove it's value one way or the other.

Now it's going to take some work to get you back to zero.

Do you have the stock headers still?
  12. JohnnyBiker

Check post 10. I do not have the stock pipes anymore...
  13. hotroadking

can you get your hands on a used set of
    sporty headers, and a used set of Khrome Werks HP+ slip ons, cycle shack, pythons.

Point being I would bet changing of the pipes will help and before you go
    spending a grand on some pipe you need to find out if it's part of the problem

What did your indy shop say about the runs, the bike and it's needs...
  14. JohnnyBiker

I only had a quick chance to speak with him and that is when I went to go pick my bike up so I haven't had a long conversation of yet, I will though here in a bit as I am going to get the different dyno sheets. We both agreed that I am way lean and should start there. We have a lot to talk about....
  15. FLHTbiker

If I were you I would really listen to what HRK is saying about the stock header pipe and a good muffler. Then go from there. You might be surprised.
  16. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yup. you may not be as lean as it is showing..........
  17. baggerpaul

well changeing the pipe is going to change air fuel ratio for sure fellas . but it sure is cheaper to put a set of jets in and get the air fuel ratio fix no matter what pipe he is has at wide open from the middle of the run up he is dead lean looking at the chart . and at the start of the pull he is lean till the shim portion of the needle came in to play . rule of thumb if the main aint right were gonna be lean after were off the slow jet. when we shim the needle were just bring the main in early for transition . if he gets a good 2-1 he will still be lean because of the scavengeing desighn of the pipe any way . a stock set of pipes with slip on he wont need as much jet as he has now . i say spend 20 dollars on jets and jet it so it runs decent with what you got .
  18. baggerpaul

what do you think of the old lollypop washer adjustment to see if he can bring up the torque a bit are those pipes big in the diameter? id?
  19. JohnnyBiker

I have basically that already BP. I have a set of BCT baffles which employ the same concept as the lollypop. I text you what I ordered today for jets along with pipe dimensions. I got a copy of of my AFR's from my dyno runs and man am I lean!!!! BP I will get them scanned and send them to you via email and then I post them here. I am going to start out with cheepest fixes first, then go from there...
  20. JohnnyBiker

I just struck an all time deal with my indy. He wants the bike in his shop over the winter and he wants to play with it and for free!! He is reserving judgement on the V-Ductor. He thinks that it is interesting. We are going to switch jets in and out and then dyno and compare, make changes and then compare. I gave him parameters of what I want to make for power so we are going at this in a methodical approach. He does not agree with you that there is a problem with the actual combination other than the pipes, but that will be my very last resort. We talked about cams, and he is more up to the changing cams rather than ignition. (He likes the SE ignition). I gave him two cam choices which were the Woods W8s cam or the SE .536/.536 lift Sporty cam. He likes the Woods cams. He also said that he in no way thinks that I need a bigger carb. I told him that I ordered the N65 sporty needle and he then said to take out the shim.

He is going to be looking up flow data for my heads and then we will most likely take them off and put them on the flow bench. I did say that I want to at least port match and texture my intake manifold. I am getting a lot out of this deal. Most of it will be free!!!