1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fuel Pak help

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by jwetovick, Mar 23, 2009.

1. jwetovick

jwetovick New Member

After buying a Fuel Pak from Vance and Hines Im wondering if I made a bad decision? Having a heck of a time finding the right map. Calling them has been a disaster thus far. Have tried many maps ending in the same outcome, bike not running like it should! Ive got an 04 Road King with stage II 95 kit, true dual Bassani pipes and a hypercharger. Any help?????
  2. duke76

duke76 New Member

Hate to tell you this but the true duals are what is screwing with you, you have to tune each cylinder individually with true duals and your fuel pak cant do it, that is why I think you have preignition from your other post, running to lean, I had a cobra and it worked great but when I went with true duals I switched to a thundermax, they tune each cylinder individually, Todd
  3. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned A-Hole

Content removed
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
  4. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Hate to say it but the last poster that was banned was a jerk. I come to site to learn good info and opinions. That guy just didn't like to get along with anyone.
  5. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

I frequent a few biker forums and this is one of the best for info and the moderators. Paininass only posted 9 times and was gone good job BT boys!
  6. Mayor

Mayor New Member

I agree!!
  7. jwetovick

jwetovick New Member

Nebraska

Hey man. Where you from in Nebraska?
  8. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I live in Lincoln. What about yourself?
  9. edveitch

edveitch New Member

Yes, I bought a fuel pak also. Don't like it. Has anyone went by way of the download at Harley, or have you had better luck with the PowerCommander?
  10. edveitch

edveitch New Member

Harley's are funny. Wide open pipes may sound good, but for a Harley to run right, there has to be a little restriction. My shortshots ran better after I put in the quiet baffles. Still has a good sound. They ain't that quiet. Has anyone had any dealings with True Duals? Or is the stock head pipes better?

2006 FLSTCI (Heritage Softail Classic Injected).
    Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air Filter
    Vance and Hines Shortshot Slip ons
    Fuel pak
    Last edited: May 9, 2009
  11. duke76

duke76 New Member

No question about it, they run better with the baffes in, I have true duals and I know I have probably lost some bottom end but I sure like the way it sounds, I put in lollipop baffles to help minimize the power loss but Im sure I would gain with a good 2 into 1 but being I didnt buy a Harley to go fast I am not to worried about it, Todd
  12. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Hey guys....I'm running true duels Vance and Hines on 08 streetglide with Vance & Hines Fuel Pak and stage 1 se filter kit...have no problems at all...Vance and Hines did supply me with a 2nd map when i called them and it ran even better....I want a thunder max..but all Thundermax does is f&^* with us 08 guys..lol....not there yet any day...since last year!!!...lol....

Hope this helps......and it sure is nice a smart ass was sent on his way!!!
    CGWFMST likes this.