1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fundy Park Ride.

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Roadster guy, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Daughter away at a sleepover. Wife away at a movie. Sun is shining. Sounds like ride time.
    Went for an afternoon ride today. Lots of nice pics, stuck in camera due to losing my link cable somewhere along the way. Out through route 114 to Cape Enrage, along New Horton to Waterside and Alma, through the Park, with its flags at half mast due to the RCMP officers felled by the nutbar loco P.O.S. in my city the other day, and through to Sussex, for a stop at Tim Hortons for coffee. Took some pics of the reputedly bottomless lake at the entrance to Fundy Park that I was told contains the bodies of two children. Apperantly at a reunion picnic in the 50s, some kids knocked the family car out of gear while playing in it and could not get out in time. Likely not in the visitor's brochure. Creepy.
    On the way home, pulled over to help a rider on an 05? Softtail that had puked its oil out the carb/throttle body and all over his wife's leg. He said it had had servicing done 1000kms ago and this had not happened before. Overfilled oil? Plugged PCV system? What a mess.
    Once I get to the store for a new cable, I'll add the pics. :(
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Always good when the ball and chain isn't with. Although she is with me about 95% of the time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  3. Roadster guy

Got a new cable, right one first try! I should buy a lotto ticket!

June 8th Fundy Park 001.jpg June 8th Fundy Park 002.jpg June 8th Fundy Park 005.jpg June 8th Fundy Park 006.jpg June 8th Fundy Park 009.jpg June 8th Fundy Park 010.jpg June 8th Fundy Park 016.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
    Sleepy and JohnnyBiker like this.
  4. Roadster guy

View from Mary's Point, Baptist church in New Horton, next three Cape Enrage area, "Bottomless" lake in Fundy,(any ghosts in pic???), and the view from one of a few lookout points as you climb into the mountains in Fundy. Bring a sweater as temps near the water can feel 15C colder than inland if the tide is switching.
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Nice pics really enjoyed it. How's the the the guy with the 05 Softail.
    Fatboy128 likes this.
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Nice pics. Been a while since I've been out that way. When I retire I'll ride out that way, hopefully Deluxe or another restaurant that sells decent fried clams and chips will still be around. I don't miss that heavy wet snow but the seafood man the seafood. Also it was sad to see Moncton make the news like that. Have a cousin who retired from the mounties there. Now up in Fort Mac. tough deal for all involved.
  7. Roadster guy

I assume he made out OK. His wife was still wringing oil out of her jeans when I moved on. Crappy to spend a nice day, waiting for a wrecker to show up. Hour outside town, then an hour back, at least two hours with an oil soaked and pissed wife....
  8. Roadster guy

Really sad way to make international headlines. Streets clogged with L.E.O.s from all over, U.S. included. Not a good time to pick an argument over a ticket. Hopefully time will pass and help heal some, I'm not much for forgiveness and won't feel too bad if the suspect in custody falls down some stairs a few times. Some are already painting how he should have gotten help and "fell through the cracks..." Sometimes society seems its own worst enemy.
    Anyway, Deluxe still making some good seafood if you like deep fried everything, but if you make it down stop in at the Aboiteau Beach wharfside takeout, prices are good and better than Deluxe any day.
  9. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Almost every picture look like a post card. Beautiful country side
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Those are some great pics , & bet it was a great ride , as for the bad guy I'am with you heck knock him down a few flights of stairs haul him back & try again to find the bottom
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

How many cops does it take to push a perp down the stairs ?

None, he slipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2