1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

When we were at the hotel in Bloomsburg we had taken a little nap after dinner,we went outside to head to the sports bar to our surprise a gaggle of GW's had assembled. GW's of all shapes sizes and configurations. Trikes,trikes with trailers,trikes with sidecars etc..and most of the owners were pretty cool people. One guy was a bit of a smarmy smart ass. He was older and he got a pass. I ignored his shitty condesending comments about harleys. I've come to learn there is one in every crowd, he likes the attention and to respond inevitable leads to a bad place. The others seemed sense that and came over and were talking to us about motorcyling and learning to ride in formation and riding with harley riders is the best way to learn how to ride in formation. We ran into them again the next day at the museum and then later that afternoon. They were all old in there late 60's early 70's. That was awsome. They shared some of ther touring trade secrets. You could tell they were motorcycling touring purist and I enjoyed talknig to them,except that one asshole.

GWa.jpg GWb.jpg GWc.jpg GWd.jpg GWe.jpg GWa.jpg GWf.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. badinfluence63

There was a restaurant attached to the hotel and there was nothing over 9.99 for lunch or supper, Breakfast was even cheaper. They sold something called scrapple. Similar to a hotdog in that all the crappy parts of the pig gets cooked together in a brime and then baked and made into patties it was good. This is what I had every breakfast and with a side of hash browns:
    breakfast1.jpg

Doesn't that breakfast just scream lets go riding all day,lol.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  3. badinfluence63

The guys I rode with and ones we met down there:
    Davea.jpg
    Daveb.jpg
    Davec.jpg
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Overall sounds like you guys had a fine ride. Good eats, too :). You showed restraint with that red ant GW rider and that's good PR for us Harley riders. I probably would have said something back and gotten myself in trouble.
  5. badinfluence63

It was a awsome time. The annoying GW rider was just a minor footnote of thought. I mean a man could fight every day of his life if he wanted to. And why I don't like crowds and prefer the path less taken. Inevitably someone shows their ass. I seen it a million times. I've placed myself in harms way breaking up fist and knife fights over the years. Thinking about the causes I cannot think of any good reason, usually good people, are to quick to throw their lives away in a blink of an eye. Also I'm not in any hurry to hit someone in the fist with my eye.
  6. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

badinfluence63 likes this.
  7. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Nice looking 'Wings n things. Too bad about the a hole. Always seems to be one to dampen the day.
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I used to ride a 1500 Goldwing and put 109,000 miles on it. pulled a trailer with it riding two up and it was a pretty good bike. When I bought my first Harley in 99 the guys in the Goldwing group just gave me so much crap I quit hanging around them and never looked back. Yea wanna piss em off tell em they got all there parts at a Tupperware party. :)

Some of the Goldwing guys aren't to bad but there are always a few that wanna be miserable pain in the arse type guys. One guy in particular who we even went on trips with him and his wife turned out to be a total arse jerk about my Harley. We don't ride together at all anymore.

I've meant many more people in the Harley groups that are really genuinely nice people. Your right they are not worth getting excited over.

We had a BBQ for the chapter today at what is called Dodge Park on the Sandy River. This guy in the chapter really know how to BBQ and does a super job. We had way to many ribs left over.
  9. badinfluence63

What is it with the GW rider asshole deal? I ride here and there from time to time with a GW ride I work with and he is non stop anti HD to the point where I finally told him did he ever think that might get old? I told him I think his bike sucks but I don't beat him on the head with it non stop. I figure you like your bike thats all that matters. He doesn't ride much. I expect him to sell his garage space taker anytime now.

If you love your bike as much as I love mine theres nothing to be said about the difference. It should be an unspoken mutual respect.
  10. badinfluence63

Sounds like you been around yourself.

Speaking of crowds and aholes....ever participate in the Wharf rat rally in Digby? I think it was this weekend. What a small area to host a rally that getting huge. I've stayed over at digby a time or 2 over the years. The best part is the Kemigagga nat'l park. Thats a nice ride.

Personally and no offense, I expect because of the money involved and how Nova Scotians are for the rally to go belly up soon. Suprised its lasted this long..10 years I think.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  11. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

As far as A holes go, wife calls me one a fair bit, so maybe a GW next? LOL!.
    I've ridden in rides with 80-100 bikes, and just solo. I find my favorite times are usually just myself and a couple people, or just alone. Not into big groups. Avoid the bigger rallies for that reason. I stop in for a visit, but usually do not take part. Have not hit the Wharf Rat Rally for this reason. Too many people and too few amenities for me. I hope it stays alive and well, but you are likely right, it will likely fade away. Thunder in the Highlands up Lucifer's way only went on this year due to the extreme efforts of a dedicated few who would not take no for an answer. Hopefully the events will continue, but with so many Maritimers out west working, the population base is shifting, making it harder to attract new blood. Driving by long term parking at any airport in the Atlantic provinces is very depressing.
  12. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Interesting stuff. We have a few biker events here in N.C. The Smokeout is pretty big and Easy Riders holds what they call a Biker Rodeo, and there are several others. All of the venues are small by Sturgis or Daytona standards. But I stay away, RG; like you, I don't care much for large crowds. I would like to make the Smokeout at least once, though, because it's about old iron chops & bobs.

BTW, boys, I've never gotten any flak from a GW rider - yet :rolleyes:. You meet the nicest people on a Honda LOL!
  13. FLHTbiker

Obviously you haven't been around them much. I got so tired of the constant put down Harley jokes that I refuse to even talk to them any longer. An occasional jab is one thing but the constant barrage of put downs has caused many a Harley rider here to not even support any of their events. The Goldwinger's for the most part won't support the Harley events here either. A few do and I know a few that are just nice guys and one I can always see the I want a Harley in his eyes and if his wife said yes he would be buying a new one. But instead he hangs out at the Harley dealer here all the time.
    Josh you think the Ultra Classic Harley is big throw a leg over a 1800 Goldwing man what a behemoth monster.
  14. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

It goes both ways, buddy had a GW, my bike was down and he couldn't ride
    due to some back surgery so I had it (GW) for a month or more, went on a ride
    for the new Whorelando HD East Location, we met up at downdown HD and rode to the new location, hundred bikes or so,

Not one frigging HD would ride next to me, they doubled up with HD
    riders but not next to the wing LOL too funny, bike had the "hood lights" (LEDS)
    all over, so I lit it up and cranked up the radio.

Buncha nose in the air stuck up hog riders :p:p:D
  15. FLHTbiker

They are only showing the same respect that the wingers give them :) :)
  16. FLHTbiker

Here is a pic from years ago of the wife and I on our Goldwing. We had rode to Sturgis with 7 other bikes all Harley's and they never gave us a bad time about our bike. They sure did like our tent trailer we pulled.
    Picture was taken on Bear Tooth Pass.

image.jpg
  17. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I belonged to a mixed brand club years ago. Harley's and other brands including wings. I had a 78 wing with Vetter fairing, bags and trunk. Everyone broke each other's chops. I'd find rice under mine " hey your bike has a leak" I'd leave nuts and bolts under Harley's . No offense was taken by anyone
  18. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah we had one guy that rode a yammahammer with us,
    he'd get up and find rice around the bike.

the guy that did that to him found pork rinds in his saddle bages..
  19. FLHTbiker

We poured spots of oil under one guys wing one time and he got real upset about it, we all had a good laugh the more upset he got.

Here is a bike and side car for you, bet the dogs really like it, just give em a window to stick there heads out of to get the wind in their face.

image.jpg
  20. badinfluence63

I don't knock anyone's bike. They obviously bought it because they like it. I ride with a Vulcan and a GW riders. the GW rider is the constant asshole. some of my friends won't go on a ride if he goes because the constant negativity is annoying,getts old and you just get sick of hearing it.

To many non hd riders have told me they don't buy Harley's because they think that makes them a follower. Buying a non harley to them sets them apart as an individual. How stupid is that. people are just stupid,if you like or would like a HD get it. All it would mean is you like harleys.
    Roadster guy, FLHTbiker and Sleepy like this.