1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Good source for tires -

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by AZroaddust, Feb 23, 2008.

1. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

- American Motorcycle Tire

The Dunlop D401 even has the Harley Davidson name on it.

Shipping FedEx was $9.00 and I had Bikers Bay mount and balance it. $25.00 if the rim is off the bike and $15.00 more if it's on the bike. They also told me that H-D is allegedly going away from Dunlop and will be using Metzler's I believe.

H-D wanted over $200.00!:banghead:
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

good to here that , & good to here you got A new tire
  3. fireitup

fireitup New Member

Metzlers

Triumph uses Metzlers. They came stock on the 07 Bonnieville. Good tire. 6,000 miles on mine and no wear.
  4. fujimo

fujimo New Member

maxis

you know,,, i go thru 2 or three rear and one front or more,,,, a year,,, i now buy maxis,,, 60 to 80 dollars,,, a little harder rubber,,, makes a little rougher ride,,, but lasts as long as any of the big name brands,,, oh blackwall only,,, AND,,,make all of you shudder,,, i do plug them,,, if a nail hole and run them on out,,, got a rear tire on now that some disenchanted indeviduals shoved two rooffing nails thru,,, i found out who they are,,, and damn suger rained in their gas tanks,,,,pops
  5. fireitup

fireitup New Member

roofing nails

Roofing nails in your tires! Man oh man that wasn't very nice of them. That doesn't narrow on a crimianl act that is one. Those kinds of "tricks" could of caused you serious injury. Or evan fatallity. What a bunch of beyound ****ing *******s. If it were me I'd wait for lots of time to go by then strike back. Something 10 times worse.:devil:
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i like the way you think!!!!!!!! :) i like the "waiting game" myself!!
  7. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I ALSO USE MAXIS, SEEM AS GOOD AS ANY OTHER, YOU CAN GET THEM IN A DUNLOP OR AVON TREAD PATTERN. THE LAST TIME I WENT TO CHANGE THE TIRE, I PULL IT MYSELF AND TAKE IT IN. I HAVE TO GO TO THE HONDA PLACE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO WILL DO IT. THE GUY SAID AROUND HERE THEY ARE GOING TO DO AWAY WITH THE TIRE CHANGING SIDE JOBS. MEANING YOU'LL HAVE TO START BUYING THE TIRE FROM THE SHOP:wtf: I LIKE TO CUT OUT THE MIDDLE MAN WHEN BUYING PARTS, AND NOT PAYING FOR MARKED UP STUFF.
  8. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Not neccesarily. Check out My Bikers Bay - Home

$25.00 if the wheel is off the bike and +$15.00 if it is. (remove, mount & balance) None in Spokane yet, but they are expanding fast and have NO PROBLEM with folks who bring in their own tires!
  9. fujimo

fujimo New Member

taaarrrr

hey guys ,,it is no big deal to mount and balance a tire,,, go to a shop that is not a dealer and he will show you in about 15 minutes,,,pops
  10. tbaz

tbaz New Member

HD goes to Michelin

I saw earlier in the thread that someone stated that HD was going to Metzler. They are going to Michelins. Some of the 08 have the Michelins as they are completeing their tire contract with Dunlop.

I still prefer the Metzlers as long as you keep the tire pressure uo. metx must have 4 - 6 psi higher than the stock Dunnys to last.

TBAZ
  11. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

My error, but what the heck, they both start with "M"! :rolleyes:
  12. REED

REED New Member

Revenge

REVENGE is best served cold very cold, as a police officer I learned that many years ago.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008