1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Great day for a ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by bguillory66, Mar 25, 2012.

1. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

Decided to take a short ride today...and it turned into just under 200 miles :roflmao: I stopped at a light and a dude pulled up on a softtail and asked if I wanted to ride with a group of his friends to Beaumont, TX. Thought a minute and figured why not...Met his friends at Lake Charles Harley and it turned out to be the local H.O.G. club. They were bringing a saddlebag to Cowboy Harley in Beaumont as part of a nation wide ride for awareness of prostate cancer..Suppose to bring this bag to every capital in the U.S. and I think ending up in Washington DC...I imagine some of the hog members on BT probably know more about it. Only about 12 of us made the ride there...12 bikes that is, had a couple double ups. Several of them told me some details about joining up..sounds pretty fun, enjoyed the ride up ther and they say they get together 3 times a month for a ride and sometimes more. Might consider joining, will give me someone to ride with. We took the long way back along the gulf coast(only 4 bikes for this) and it was nice....have to remember the sun block though..forgot it and I got burnt pretty good. Sorry for the long read just wanted to share what turned out to be a interesting day, and maybe some of you H.O.G. guys can give some input on what you like about being a member.:D Oh yea Cowboy the seat felt better but after the 130 miles or so without stopping my a** hurts. Really need to figure out a solution....probably a nice comfy bagger:roflmao:
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

what seat are you running, mustang with a backrest makes good work
    of longer trips, firm padding is good as you won't sink into the seat
    stock hd seats tend to have soft open cell foam, over the time of a ride
    it compresses and you end up with a hard ride.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

LMAO no wats it was your's that got sore :eek: yep its a stock HD seat new take off , sure glad you had a good time & put some miles , I sat in the drive way & listen/watch all the bikes go by ,man i just wanted to try & ride , but knew my knees would not be safe when stopping :mad:, I might be selling my comfy bagger trades welcome :D getting the engine finshed up this coming weekend (cams )
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I highly recommend a HOG chapter. Joining up was a God send for me since my wife had to stop riding due to spinal stenosis. Got riding buddies now. Great group of people, lots of rides and commraderie. Met many other HOG members at state meets and Chapter Challenge Days. Lots in common too since we all love Harleys. Our chapter had to incorporate into a AMA chartered club due to the sponsoring HD dealer going out of business. Now we are the Long Island Harley Riders. None of us wanted to lose the group.
    L.I. Harley Riders
  5. bguillory66

found some Mustang super touring seats on line for around $400, is that the most comfortable syle? I know they are wider than what I have but none I look at say how thick the foam is to compare to what I have.
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The resturant I told you about is on 11th street behind Cowboy for the mudbugs Redneck.
  7. cowboy

Have you checked eBay several venders sell mustang seats new in the box & a bit Lower then mustang them self shop around could save you $50 or so
  8. cardboard

Man I put a Mustang seat on my wifes Sportster. Got to be the worst riding seat I've ever sat on in my life.

Been gonna go look for another seat to puton it.She don't like it either.
  9. cowboy

Bro in law just out a mustang seat on his sporty he's 250 lbs has bike for a second ride anyway he says it rides way Better he also has a mustang seat on his s glide great seat sporty seat new off eBay but from a different vender then mustang & saved $50
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

My brothers Roadking has a Mustang seat on it and is very comfortable. Just depends on which style of Mustang seat you put on it.
  11. Fatboy128

Wish you were closer to NY. I'd be interested in your brothers RK. Since riding the Ultra Limited I think my favorite ride is the RK. However, I haven't riden the Road Glide yet. I'd hate to part with my beloved Fatboy but, maybe soon.
  12. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Speaking of seats - my Velocepede springer seat isn't bad for the type it is. The seat has 1" of dense foam - not much by you guy's standards - but not bad. I started getting a little tired toward the 100 mile mark, but then I'm still getting in shape. Hoping to build up to at least 300 miles a day by the end of spring, and with rest stops, maybe 4 or 500 a day.
  13. bguillory66

anybody heard of or have experience with a Saddleman King seat with gel...about $100 bucks cheaper than Mustang...may be because its a cheap seat or maybe not as well known, lewss overhead.:D
  14. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Don't know which seat CB and his wife don't like, but I have Mustang original one piece and I really like it. Just rode 600 miles to Daytona, butt never got tired. On long trips put my pack on Pillion and acts as back rest, good ride on our size bikes. :cool:
  15. cardboard

My buddy down the street ride to Daytona
    Had s mustang seat on his EG
    He came back with a Air Hawk
    Said he wasn't impressed with the Mustang
    Touring seat
    Girlfriend said the same thing

Seats fit different folks different
    Know I'm taking the mustang solo seat off the wife's bike as soon
    As u get a full seat for it
  16. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I loved the Mustang seats on all the bikes I had them on. :)
  17. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Everyday is a good day for a ride. I think that you would like HOG, especially if you are looking for someone to ride with. Me, I think I would enjoy it too if I could to a danm meeting. :D
  18. cowboy

I've only heard of saddleman seats , but don't know anyone with one that i know of ,i would see what kinda warrnety or policy they have if you don't like it , my cell co ha a one if I don't like my new ph I have 30 days to return it
  19. cardboard

Saddleman makes good stuff
  20. Fatboy128

Not long ago HRK recommended a seat builder/modifier to me. I conttacted them and they were very responsive and helpful. I wish I could remember their name. I didn't go with them only cause I left my crappy job and didn't have the money. They have a few options that can include the gel insert. I was impressed. Contact HRK.