1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Great day for a ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by FLHTbiker, Nov 8, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Today was a sunny day with just a few low clouds but a great day out on the bikes. Temps started out at 8:30 around 45F but started climbing from there. Yep, today was winter coat time with heavier gloves.
    We rode up to a place called Crown Point that over looks the columbia River Gorge headed east and west with I-84 way down below. We rode up another area called Larch MTN then headed over to Sandy and into Estacada for a late lunch. Just turned into a beautiful 64 degree day out.
    Lots of very twisty roads today and some areas with some hair pin 10 mph curves. Some of the roads had huge amounts of wet slippery leaves on them and we all had our rear tires slide out a bit more than once today. All in all I would still give today as a 10.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Very nice scenery. I've said it before, you live in a beautiful part of the good old USA !
  3. Fatboy128

Today it's supposed to get to mid 50's. This morn it's mid 40's. Club is doing a ride out to far eastern Long Island which will be to far for me and my bionic knee. I may just go to round up place and have coffee (not Starbucks Charlie ! ) and see them off. The weather experts are calling for another "polar vortex) for next week. That was a new term last year. We are suppose to be below freezing by Thursday.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Fatboy I saw that frozen front that is coming down from Canada and it's going to effect us also. Suppose to get very cold and windy here. The winds at that
    Crown Point lookout will be 50 plus through the Columbia Gorge when it hits.
  5. Fatboy128

50 + is like our Nor'Easters. Had a nice chilly ride this morning to see 28 bikes off on their ride out to the Hamptons. That's where the city slickers hangout on summers and weekends. The BBQ place the club is going to eat lunch at averages $15 per person for lunch!!! Rip off. Pricing fer the rich and famous.
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Getting nasty here folks. dress warm and ride safe. The only 2 wheeled internal combustion vehicle in my future for the next while is the snow blower
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, Sleepy. Nice pictures, FLHT. Got up to around 60 today, but no sun so I stayed home. Next three days look to be in the mid 60s to 70 on Wednesday, so I'll definitely be riding . . .
  8. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Nice...Got out for a few hours...Mid 5o's and sunny...
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

yeah they are predicting lower 70's with sunshine and
    girls wearing one piece bathing suits vs bikinis this week....
  10. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Take good pics of the girls for us and don't forget to post them...
  11. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

12. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

13. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Glad to see somebody out of the house.

Was 78* here today

OL laid off work and was here all day.
    I had to take care of some business that seemed to get messed up somehow.
    It worked itself out oh.
    Tuesday is another day. But its suppose to rain.