1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Handlebar vibration

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by civilprocess, Jul 7, 2005.

1. civilprocess

civilprocess New Member

Has any body ever had an experience with a item called the snake? It supossedly reduces vibration coming from your handlebars.
  2. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

???

Nope. Please tell me about it.
  3. rose_guy

rose_guy New Member

bar snake

I think he is talking about the bar snake. http://www.barsnake.com/about/index.html Adding any weight to your bars will change the amount and frequency of the oscillation. It is a problem in classical physics. There are no magical polymers that will dampen the vibration any better than anything else. I assume it is a very dense pliable material. Theoretically, filling the bars with lead shot would work better, but I wouldn't recommend it. Shorter bars will help. Changing the engine frequency will change the amount of bar oscillation. I think what would worry me is inserting something in the pipe that might contribute to rusting.

What is the problem you are trying to solve?
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

does your bike buzz that much where you need bar dampers? It's a Deluxe? I've heard of the bar snake and I've ridden some solid mounts that buzzed but not the counter balanced TC's though. they felt not too bad.
  5. civilprocess

civilprocess New Member

Thanks for the reply. This was just a case of curiosity, someone told me about it and I just wanted to find out what it was all about. I have added Wild One Road Glide Chubbies w/ 1" risers and ran all wires internally. The vibration is not bad enough to correct yet. Thanks again for the quick response. ;)
  6. CD

CD Guest

Bar snakes and other similar things been around the dirt bike world forever it seems.

What vibes are you having that are not normal? Did you replace your dampeners with poly ones?
  7. civilprocess

civilprocess New Member

Thanks for the heads up CD. Over the weekend I replaced the original dampeners with the Poly ones. That did the trick. There wasn't that much vibration to begin with, but the poly dampeners worked and the chrome washer looks much better too. Thank you again you guys never let me down.