1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Handy Crafty

Discussion in 'Projects' started by SPORSTERBOY, Jan 23, 2008.

1. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Front And Rear Pegs I Made And Air Cleaner Cover And A Pic Of The New Frame.

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

nice job on the pegs!!!! got a closeup of the cover???:)
  3. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I Couldn't Get The Pic To Upload Here, But I Was Sucsessfull In The Photo Gallery. I Started With 4 Triangle Pieces Welded Them To A Round Spacer, Tacked A Nut On The Back Side Of The Cover, Put What They Call A Iced Alum Finish On The Outside Of The Triangles Then Painted The Solid Inner Portion. I Also Had To Modify The Cleaner Back Because It Was Set Up For A Big Twin. I Like The Smaller Look Because It Opens Up The View On That Side Of The Engine. If You Don't Have That Exhaust Crossover. Plus I Get Alot Better Air Flow In The Carb.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

nice looking cover..........thanks for the pic.......:)
  5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Nice work Sporsterboy. It's gonna be a sweet looking bike when done. Nice to know that you did it yourself, be proud of it!
  6. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Some More Updated Pic's. Pulling The Motor And Starting To Put Things Back On. My Guessament Was Close On The Spacers For The Rear Axle. I Need To Hack Off About Another 1/8 On The Drive Side. The Spaceing Worked Good For The Stock Brake. Still Don't Know Why They Said You Have To Buy A New One. It Fits Perfect, All I Need To Do Is Weld On A Stop Bracket For It. The Moter Came Out Pretty Easy. I Was Surprized That It Came Out The Drive Side. When It Looked Like It Would Go Out From The Other Side. Amazingly All The Motor Mounts Lined Up Except The One On The Clutch Side Holding The 2 Jugs Together, Where The Petcock Is. Got About A 1/2 Space From The Bracket And Frame.

Attached Files:

7. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

After Placeing The Oil Tank For Fitment, I Have Noticed That The 2 Lines That Are On The Bottom Stradle My Belt. The Far Out Fitting Hangs Below The Belt To The Side. How Paughco Makes These Tanks Just For This Frame, I Don't Know. You Would Think That They Would Just Put The Same Holes And Fittings As The Old One. To Easy. There Are 3 Differn't Size Fittings On The Old And 4 Of The Same On The New. 2 At The Bottom 2 At The Top. On The Old It Was 3 At The Bottom. So I've Decided To Cut The Old Fittings Off And Weld Them On The New Tank. Drill Another Hole At The Bottom For The 3rd Drain Hole. Plug The Other 2.
  8. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Here's The Oil Tank After I Cut The Old Fittings Off The Old Tank And Welded Them On The New Tank. Had To Add The Main Drain On The Bottom Also. I Still Have The 2 Holes At The Top That I Will Just Put A Bolt With A O Ring In It To Plug.

Attached Files:

9. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Hey Sporsterboy, any chance you can make those pics larger? I have no idea how to do it, but it would help me with seeing them, they're a little small.

Thanks,
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

VDC just click on the pic & they get bigger :D
    OK I went back & tried they stay the same size
  11. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I run a browser called opera...... the pics got bigger for me when I clicked on them....course, went to the upper right corner and blew it up to 250% ;) :roflmao:
  12. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Don't Know How, I Seem To Never Have Any Luck With Camaras, So I Take The Pic's With My Phone. They Go To T-mobile, Then I E-mail Them To My Computer.
  13. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

couple things you can do.... go buy a cheap digital camera..... for most of your pictures, a 2-3megapixil format will work.....if you want better detail go for 5-6 mega pixil. THEN you load the software into your computer (that came with the camera). In many cases there is better software out there, but they will give you something that works. have all your photos in one folder (you can make sub-folders to sort them out). Then to post, you just make them smaller. Such a pitty you don't live in SA....I could take an hour and teach you the basics!!
  14. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

That Was One Of The Problems, I Couldn't Figure Out How To Down Size The Pictures And Couldn't Download Them To The Site. So Sorry Guys The Phone Pic's Will Just Have To Do.
  15. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

All good Sporsterboy, I still like looking at your work regardless of the pic size....
  16. cowboy

yep I have to say all the work look's real good so far just keep the pic's comming , it good to watch , your build
  17. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Mounted The Tank, All Good. Moveing On To The Battery Box, Comparing The Old One And The New One, Seems To Me It Is Going To Be Easyer To Mount The Old One. If I Use The New One I Have To Make Some Wild Bracket, The Old One Already Has Hookups For Brackets And Is More Sturdy Built, A Hole Inclosed Box On 3 Sides. The New One Is Only A Pan With A S Shaped Bracket Welded On It. And Is Chrome.
  18. cowboy

Sounds like the old one is better , just powder coat it chrome :cool:
  19. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

These Are The Brackets That I Made Out Of 1/4 Angle, Milled Slots To Make Alingment Easy, Then I Tacked Them To The Frame, Put The Battery In To Make Sure Of Clearance. Welded The Brackets In Place. Wa-laa, Mounted Battery.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  20. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Must be nice to be that talented, eh Sporsterboy!? Looks nice, keep the pics coming....