1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Heading up the Kickitat Canyon

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by FLHTbiker, Jun 7, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Maddog and I along with the HOG chapter will be heading up over MT Hood then into WA state and up the Kickitat river canyon and into Goldendale WA. Plan is to come back down into the Columbia Gorge and then up the Deschutes river. Unfortunately I won't have the big bike and will have to do a 300 plus mile trip on my Springer.

The first pic is not to far from my place then the others are of the Klickitat and then Deschutes river areas.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Roadster guy likes this.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Crazy beautiful ! You certainly live in Gods country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  3. FLHTbiker

Yep I do and time for me to get up and get going on the ride. I'll get some pics on the ride today.
  4. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Man! Makes me wonder why I post any pics! Each one is a pleasure to look at, thanks for sharing. Beautiful. Gonna throw a like on my favorite, once I figure out which one it is. All are excellent.
  5. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Guess its all of em. Cool!
  6. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

Awesome pics, upstate N/Y is nice but the reeeaaal estate in your pics is stuff out of a tour guide promo. We are blessed with the changing seasons/ foliage colors but free running water on gravel and mountains in the backdrop are awesome.
  7. FLHTbiker

We did the ride, had 70 bikes and split it into 2 groups. Didn't get to many pics as can't stop while in a group. Rode 345 miles today. Fun day but a long day.
    First pic is where we all stopped for our first break. Then there is the pic of the grass lands that we rode through then down on the Deschutes river at a place called Shears Bridge where the Indians fish. They are allowed to use nets and gill nets. Last pic is where we came around a corner with MT Hood staring down at us. Had an enormous deer come trotting out in front of us just before it the pic of MT Hood. If he would have waited just one second longer they would be pulling deer hair out of my teeth.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  8. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Well...looks peaceful,fun and what riding is all about for some. I'm getting back out there before its over. Thanks for sharing.

Looking at your photos reminds me that I should stick a pair of shorts and flip flops in my tour pac so on them hot days and as we drive by all them cool refreshing rivers and streams I'll have an option to go for a dip.Nothing better then a cool dip on a hot day on the road.
  9. FLHTbiker

Gotta watch out for Rattlers down along this part of the Deschutes river. But there are plenty of lakes up there. That highway where I took the pic of MT Hood is the old pioneer trail called the Barlow Trail, its a section of the Oregon Trail. One summer it was 100 and we were up there so we rode over to Sportsmens lake and took my wallet out then jumped in boots and all. Man did that feel good. Boots dried out OK to. :)
  10. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Yeah no such creatures that I know about up this way. I'm sure there might be some wheres around here. I've never seen nor heard about any. Down south..everything will kill you from spiders to snakes to whatever.
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Nice photos again! Yep shorts, wading sneakers, 5 piece fly rod and some flys! Life is good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2