1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

HELP NEEDED WITH Power Commander (PCIII) TROUBLE

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by Peyts, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Peyts

Peyts New Member

I just installed the PCIII today, along with my new slip-ons and SE air cleaner. I bought the PCIII from Jamie at Fuelmoto... the maps were installed by Jamie prior to me receiving it. The bike is MUCH more responsive... I am happy.

What I am not happy with is that there seems to be a delay, or hesitation, when I hit the throttle (except in first or second gear). WTF!?!?! :gah: :wtf:

Does anyone know how I can fix this? If the maps were installed by Jamie, do I still need to do the 0 throttle setting thing?
  2. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Wondering if the problem is that Jamie's map is for Neenah, Wisconsin, but I am in Calgary, Alberta...

I did some checking... Calgary is 3553 feet above sea level, whereas Neenah, WI is only 755 feet above sea level.

I know that when bikes come here, the carb bikes MUST be rejetted otherwise they have poor throttle response.

Could this be the issue? If so, how do I correct it?
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

If its the USB model theres that accelerator pump utility that acts like the spray pump on a carburetor model. Info on using that PCIII utility is [PAGE="http://bike-talk.com/forum/efi-maps-tuners/2900-pc-iii-usb-accelerator-pump-utility.html"][PAGE="http://bike-talk.com/forum/efi-maps-tuners/2900-pc-iii-usb-accelerator-pump-utility.html"]here[/PAGE][/PAGE]
  4. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Well I have since determined yet ANOTHER problem with the PCIII that was sent to me by Fuelmoto. I told him that I have a 2007 FLHTC, and I was invoiced for a 2007 HD Touring Model PCIII...

HOWEVER I WAS ACTUALLY SEND A 2002-2006 HD TOURING MODEL PCIII. So it is missing the O2 sensor eliminators.

Just ask me how f*ckin pleased I am right now with Fuelmoto.

Not at all pleased with the service. I will comment more on Fuelmoto in a later post... I will give them a chance to rectify this before I spew off too much.

In the meantime, can I run the bike today without the O2 sensor eliminators attached? Will there be any ill effects? And if I can run it, should I bother to do the 0 throttle setting?
  5. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

you should consider adding some fuel in the 1000 to 2000 rpm range.or maybe even trim some off. another way would be to alter the accelerator pump feature which i assume they installed when they mapped it, if not it's a free down load. the way i ended up getting rid of that flat spot was to add a few degrees to my timing in the take off range. some of the more experienced guys in this forum could make some recomedations when it comes to the timing. just remember take baby steps. don't be afraid the pc is easy to work with and is very forgiving. read, play and have fun:D
  6. TERRY50

TERRY50 New Member

02 Sensors

Good Morning Folks; I Have A 07 Ultra. I Out On A Power Commander On The Bike This Summer. Also Put On A Set Of True Duels From Vance And Hines Two And A Half Inch Pipes. Also Put On A Stage One Kit. The Oil Pump Let Loose This Summer On The Bike, So Harley Sent A New One(08) To Replace It. When They Put In The New Engine, They Recommended That I Leave The Power Commander Off The Bike. Didnt Want To Mess The New Engine Up Running It Without The 02 Sensors. Well What They Did Was Tune In The Bike With The Unit That Was On The Bike. I Think It Runs Better With The Original Uniot That Was On The Bike. They Hit Me Up 110 For The Download On The Bike. Best Money I Ever Spent. Later
  7. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Peyts, Sorry to hear about your troubles... Hope you can get it fixed... Was wondering where you went... Good to see ya round again ... Later dude!!!:)