1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Helping out

Discussion in 'Projects' started by cowboy, Jan 26, 2009.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

i've spent the past few days helping my son-in-law out working on his 07 Victory 8 ball hhe bought some kits to install air ride set up we got that all done then installed with help from my son as well a triple tree set up that kick's it out to 40 degree's came with upper leg covers to black it out like the bike , now helping hih make a bracket for the new L E d rear lights / T signels & wrap around lic plate no pic's yet but will try to get some of the brackets the rest is done , not sure if he has before pics of the bike to show the different look
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sounds cool cowboy!!!!!!!!!! waiting on the pics!!!!!!!
  3. BigJ

BigJ New Member

Here are the before pics of my bike. I guess you can only add 4 pics at a time. I'll post some more in another reply.

Attached Files:

4. BigJ

BigJ New Member

Here are the after with the rake kit, air ride new back seat, sissy bar, HID headlight and LEDs. I made both front and rear brackets for the lights.

The rear wrap around LED blinks amber for left/right turn and then the whole thing lights up super bright red when front or rear break is applied.

Attached Files:

5. BigJ

BigJ New Member

Here are a few pics of the brackets I made for my LED turn sigs.

Attached Files:

6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

looks great!!!!!! ya'll did a fine job!!!!:)
  7. BigJ

BigJ New Member

Thanks.
  8. cowboy

Yes he did a real fine job , I help with the air ride set up & the front end Just gave a good support on the rear lights & put a finger in when needed he made the rear brackrt from plex glass & metel , he bent it to the shape of the rear fender , & just to the inside so the leds are even with the fender tip looks better in person :cool:
  9. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

Nice looking bike.
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

What did you do to address water from the rear tire spraying into the area where the LEDS are mounted?
    That is one good setup idea.
  11. cowboy

Sarge , The LED's are water proof & he soldered the ends& then some heat sreak for good luck