1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hi Guys!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I've been off this board for a while, but I just wrote a really short story that made me think of Bike Talk. I'm sure you can appreciate it. Shoot, I've probably been gone over a year, now that I think about it. Just got back from another trip around the country on Hot01. She's pushing 150,000 miles, so I'm going to let her get some rest. Going to Jim's H-D in Ohio next week to pick up an '09 Road Glide.

Here's the story: Note to an F&I Guy

And a picture of the new (to me) bike.

Attached Files:

2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Great to see you back on the site Hot01. I would have been a little miffed as well if someone would make that kind of comment to me. Great Bike by the way. Welcome to the Reef!!! Road Glides Rule!!!
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

FNI guys/gals are coming from the car business now,
    same for managers, it's about the buck not the bike as much
    now... Just the way of the world

Nice and it's the right color too!
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have a hard time believing you're on a Road Glide until I see it. Isn't that too comfortable? ;) Kidding aside, sounds like a good choice.

Nice short story you shared. Great to see ya on the board again. Hope all is going well, and I know it can't be too bad since you're still riding. Are you out of Ohio now, or just passin' through?
  5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Nice bike, Hot01 . . . and good to see you back here. Been wondering what you've been up to. I'm planning a trip to Cleveland, Ohio, later this summer to visit family I haven't seen in over 40 years. Yup, ridin' the ol' hardtail shovel you see in the picture. Love your writing . . .
  6. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Great article Abby. Don't know why you held back from dropping him on the floor though. I'd never pass up an opportunity with a jerk like that, but that's why I was always in trouble.

When I had 275,000 miles on my old '85 FL, I sold her to buy my "new" '08 FLHX. After I did the deal, I felt like I had abandoned her after all the years of faithful service she gave me. I was encouraged by the buyer saying he would restore her to "showroom glory".....and he did. I get to see her every now and then, and I practically cry.

With all the road miles you've ridden around the country, I think another book is in order. I will even volunteer some stories about riding south of the border for 2 years.
  7. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Good to hear you on bike talk again. I ride an 01 FSTX, not the miles you have, but I love this bike. Rented a Street Glide last week and had a blast on it, but got home and hopped on my softail and it felt great.... to each his own....
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby welcome back LOL , congrats on all your miles on Hot01 :cool:, smart gal don't listen to those clowns most haven't riden but a few miles in a year , also congrats on the new to you bike :cool: