1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Honda CT110 rear wheel wobble

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Knight-rider, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Knight-rider

Knight-rider Member

Hey Guys,
    I have been riding this Postie bike(Honda CT110) for more than a year now.
    Last week it had a puncture on my way home from mates place.
    I felt the rear wheel was losing air, but thought I could make it home before it completely goes flat, but it did. So, for 10-15 meters or so I was on the bike while the tyre was all flat. Then I pushed it home for about a kilometer or so(in the middle of the midnight).
    Next day, I pulled the wheel out and had a look at it. The tube was broken from the neck, completely. But, I couldn't find any puncture marks on the tyre or the tube, so I reckon it's the tube apparently cracked near the valve neck and started leaking.
    Anyway, I bought a brand new tyre and a tube and fitted it in.
    Today, I did a test ride and rear wheel is wobbly to the point I can clearly feel it.
    While the wheel was out, I checked the bearings, which appears to be pretty good. There's no bearing play that I could detect.
    The wheel isn't that untrue.
    I pulled the wheel out again today to have a closer look at everything.
    I found out that one of the Cush Driver Rubbers were cracked badly, but still in one piece. Other than, I can point to anything bad to cause a strong wheel wobble like that.
    I've uploaded couple of photos and videos.
    Please have a look.

I properly aligned the wheel and tightened hub nut.
    Bearing spacers are all in
    proper places.
    Nothing is misplaced.

What might be the reason for this wheel wobble?
    Can it be from cracked Cush Driver Rubber?!

Any help will be appreciated.

Please click on the link(s) on below pdf file.
    Those are the links to the photos and youtube video.

If it doesn't work, copy and paste the link onto your internet browser address bar.
    Thanx

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016