1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

how big a riser can I use?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by snydley, Jun 27, 2016.

1. snydley

snydley Active Member

I bought a stock 2008 Dyna Superglide last year for a bar hopper. I like it all right, except I want the handlebars closer to me. Anybody know how tall a riser I can use on the stock wiring harness and cables before I have to change them? There is some slack in the wiring and cables, but I'd like to not have to buy 2 or 3 sets of risers before I find the right ones.
    Thanks,
    Snyde
  2. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

The harness has plenty of slack under the tank to free up its the clutch cable I would be worried about. I have three inch kick back riser on my dyna wide glide .clutch cable had to be replaced .
  3. snydley

snydley Active Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I ordered a set of 3.5" risers, they look like they'll give me enough rise and my clutch cable and wires will be long enough.
    Snyde
  4. snydley

snydley Active Member

I ended up buying 3.5" pullback risers. They're great!! It's like a new bike to me, much more enjoyable to ride!! I had plenty of stock harness and cable lengths for them. One of the best $45. I spent on the thing! Next thing is a good LED headlight for it, the stock light is crap, especially the low beam!