1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I can see

Discussion in 'Projects' started by chucktx, Feb 22, 2009.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

most know i live in the boonies.....i like to ride at night. i installed a 100/100w headlight but still didnt have enough light for my rides....so i installed a couple of aircraft landing lights........fabed a couple of brackets,powdercoated them...then installed.................i now own the night!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Those look good on there , i did something like that years back on my shovel , but mounted them way low on the hwy pegs had a water proof switch on the dash could run them at night & see the road & not blind on coming traffic & see the armadillo's :D
  3. DeuceBones

DeuceBones New Member

I'm glad to hear someone else likes to ride at night. All my buds want off the road by dusk so as to avoid deer. I just say to slow down, stay alert and enjoy the night air. Oh, and it helps to be able to see!
  4. chucktx

down here, in the summer most of my riding is after dark, or into the night.......100+ in the daytime is on the warm side!!!
  5. fujimo

fujimo New Member

butt ride

chuck are you ignoreing me,,,what about iron butt ride i in vited you on,,,you had a thread about ride,,,thot you wouyld like to go,,,see for yourself,,,, pops
  6. chucktx

oops.......didnt catch it, my bad!!!!!
  7. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Chucktx - I used a couple of those on my shovel as headlights years ago and when you brought up the subject I was thinking why not? - I know the cagers sure didn't have a problem seeing coming down the road.
  8. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

installed a couple of nice little lamps under the lower fork tree, worked really well until i hit a good bump then ding inverted bumps in the top of my fender:banghead: gonna have to take a better look at chucks :D
  9. chucktx

i ran a 6" landing light one summer on a 74 shovel.....went through 4 stators and 6 regulators. battery/charging system would not handle it. i should be ok with this one....45 amp alternator and a large cranking battery with more capacity.:)
  10. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

right on lower forks and fender

I had a rig on the lower forks that worked. I found a set that were made to mount to the front fender bolts and wire right in. Looking forward to getting them on this ride. i love night riding. never been on a trip that we did not pres thru, especially on the more open roads.
    bike runs good the air has its warm and cool spots, just gotta really watch for the eyeballs in the ditches.
  11. chucktx

that is what i call em..."deer lights" i have a pair of 6" on my truck also.....they really show up the eyes, and show them long before my stock lights would.
  12. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I want some..... lights that is.... course, NOTHING going to work with the dead battery that I have....tax return will replace that tho!
  13. chucktx

hehehehehehe.......you bad chris!!!
  14. AFNurse

yup....but still have a dead battery and no aircraft landing lights....got the plane on the bike and everything!!! would almost be a match!!!
  15. chucktx

didnt even put those two together!!!!!
  16. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

you are the man

Chucktx by far. i have learned more than I thought I ever knew about whatever on this site. that is one nice light rig ya got there!!!!!
    I like the fellas that just can fab/ coat and get it done. Before ya know it Willie Davidson himself will be snooping around your garage. Heck it might have already been there!!!! Watch out LOL!!!! get a patent on some of that stuff!!!!!
  17. AFNurse

didn't figure that you had....it just came to me! all the more reason to do that project!!! :rolleyes: all I need now is new battery, landing lights, and someone that knows how to wire them up!:devil: :D

by the way...I got the battery covered this weekend!!!
  18. chucktx

cool........all ya need for the project is two more passing lamp fixtures. the lamps you can get at any auto parts store....but you may have to look in the book yourself as the guy helping me was flippin burgers the week before.....i have the wire, and relay to wire them up. mine only work with the hibeam on, and with my aux switch on. if the aux switch is off and i flip to hibeam, the deerlights stay off.....
  19. chucktx

thanks!!! i am glad that you are gaining knowledge from this site.....i believe it is what dave had in mind all along, and ken has just stepped it up a notch!!
  20. AFNurse

You must have some pretty high confidence in the burger flipper!!! :D I doubt I will get into it....much as I would like to.... sounds like your wires are mixed up somehow....I would think that if anything, they would be OFF with high beam.....??!! or all running/deer lights on/off with the aux swich...... just my thinking.......but what do I know?!!:roflmao: