1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Intake seals

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by jakestruck, Aug 15, 2009.

1. jakestruck

jakestruck New Member

It would have been nice to know that CV performance is having trouble with loose fitting carb to intake seals for sportsters has any one else had this problem before
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

CV Performance is not having problems, the manufuacturer who supplies the majority of the industry (Drag Specialty, Custom Chrome, many HD dealers) is having a problem. CVP has never claimed the gasket rebuild kits are their exclusive parts, just a distributor. Solutions have been offered to you to correct the problem.You failed to mention in this review that you removed your baffles which could be a contributing factor to your popping problem.
  3. jakestruck

jakestruck New Member

thanks for the help in fixing the problem
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thought the post was a little "tough".......glad it is going your way
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yes indeed good to see all is worked out :cool:
  6. jakestruck

jakestruck New Member

the harley seal fit perfect
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad ya got it!!!!!!!!! have fun and stay safe!
  8. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

Just installed the kit on my daughters Sporty. Had a BAD intake leak after putting it back on with the new intake-to-carb seal. I just pulled it back off and put the old one back on. Problem solved. Overall, I'd give Ken an A+ for his stuff. I am still having some carb problems (see 'Another Carb Problem', in the Tech Threads), but don't think is a problem with Ken's Kits.

Sky